I know what I like about Aldi's ( besides the great price)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile I know what I like about Aldi's ( besides the great price)

I like that they change their items they have.

Examples:
    They always have basic cereal but have different kinds of cereals from time to time. Pie filling they always have cherry but from time to time they have apple or blueberry. They always have ready to cook pizza and this time they had a special different kind of pizza. Grill out season a variety of Grillers and special topped hamburger buns, like onion topped or Kaiser buns.

I love this rotation of not everything always being there it makes things special. It is fun and mixes us up out of a rut we could have fallen in to.

If they have a special item that we would like to have on hand all the time like terikiki sauce I just remember to stock up when we find it.

Yes, I believe that is one reason I love shopping at Aldi's
    "Everyday as your walking down the street, everybody that you meet has an original point of view" -Arthur PBS

Imagine - Wife of 20 years to Hubby
    Mom to Buddy (son 17) and Little Miss ( daughter 13)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like that I can get there 20 minutes before they close and have plenty of time to do my shopping AND the shelves were not empty!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was happy to find heavy cream at ours for making homemade icecream. I wish they would get some healthier breads. I do enjoy Aldi. The only real complaint I guess I have is the long lines and they slam the food into the carts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

leighcat thats why I strategically place my grocery items on the belt so the heavy stuff goes in first and the more delicate food like eggs and bread go in last.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love it that :
    The store is always nice and clean,
    the aisles are wider
    the sacking area is nice and wide
    Blessed and Highly Favored!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love being able to fill my cart for a lot less money than at any other grocery.

And I like that I can get a lot of the groceries that I need there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I enjoy the seasonal changes at Aldi's as well. Their plan is to have 85% store product and 15% name brands or specialty items.

If they do have something special that we like, I will stock up as much as I can.

Around the holidays there are things that I stock up on that they don't have year round. Their half moons of flavored cheeses make incredible mac and cheese. They add lots of flavor and are very "melty."
    The Free Spirit Saver who walks the path with Greebo.

Onboard with a modified Dave Ramsey Plan
    Budget: "Every month! On paper, on purpose!"

Gardening somewhere between Zone 6b and 7a.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When I was a kid, shopping at Aldi meant the parents were having a hard time making ends meet that month. I got a lot of bad associations.

But my war on the grocery budget waits for no childhood hangups, and last week my mother convinced me to give them another chance. *swoon* I didn't think it was possible to love a grocery store. My wife laughs at me because I get home from every trip and can't wait to sit down and go over the receipt. "This bread is excellent and costs $1.09 less than the cheapest sale bread at our old grocery store! Don't you get how exciting this is???"

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Inkstain82 View Post
    When I was a kid, shopping at Aldi meant the parents were having a hard time making ends meet that month. I got a lot of bad associations.

But my war on the grocery budget waits for no childhood hangups, and last week my mother convinced me to give them another chance. *swoon* I didn't think it was possible to love a grocery store. My wife laughs at me because I get home from every trip and can't wait to sit down and go over the receipt. "This bread is excellent and costs $1.09 less than the cheapest sale bread at our old grocery store! Don't you get how exciting this is???"
    Which is why you come here and share it with us. we so do know how exciting that it.

I saw a lady wondering around Aldi's with her kids a week or so ago. I helped her find something she was looking for. She then told me Aldi's had some much more than she remembered them having when she a child.
    "Everyday as your walking down the street, everybody that you meet has an original point of view" -Arthur PBS

Imagine - Wife of 20 years to Hubby
    Mom to Buddy (son 17) and Little Miss ( daughter 13)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love the fact that I can go in there and spend $37.76 on a cart full of HEALTHY groceries! LOL- I was just there yesterday and got stuff my whole grocery list for meals this week and foods to prepare for a picnic this weekend!

I must say there bacon is awesome, it's always cut nice (even the whole way through), not overly fatty (for bacon), and always cheaper than any other bacon on sale (execpt for reduced for quick sale!)! I also like there fabric softner- it reminds me of how downy and snuggle used to be- a nice to overly chemical smell that makes everything overly super soft!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'll have to give their bacon a try sometime. Thanks for the tip.

My FIL (who is very fond of his German ancestry) tends to look down his nose at the poor as he has quite a few prejudices. In one of our conversations when he was being snarky he said they "had thrift stores like that in their area." So with a surprised voice I asked "Oh! You have other GERMAN markets?" That shut his trap really quick.

If you check out the chocolates, most all are Austrian, German or Belgium. Aldi's is a German based store that started post WWII to help put shelf stable foods back into the homes as Germany was rebuilding. They have kept their vision (I feel) and are now a staple in my pantry.
    The Free Spirit Saver who walks the path with Greebo.

Onboard with a modified Dave Ramsey Plan
    Budget: "Every month! On paper, on purpose!"

Gardening somewhere between Zone 6b and 7a.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I checked our local Aldi out after reading this forum. I found a really good buy.

93% lean ground beef - $3.99 pound

My husband will eat this since it's so lean. I'm thrilled. I bought 5 packs.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Just thought I'd mention that there is an Aldi's facebook page for anyone who might be interested.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I feel the products are quality and so far the only thing I didn't care for was the greenbeans because it had too many ends and stems and the black beans were small and mushy. I'm a veggie muncher so I'm picky about that sort of thing. Aldis has been a life saver

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I find there veggies and fruits go bad pretty quick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast