Thread: New Member

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default New Member

I found this forum in a random computer search--and have been eagerly reading every thread that I could for quite a while now.

I have always been fairly frugal (my parents are black belt frugal people) but now I am in a bad situation financially.

I was injured in an accident about 18 months ago--and have suffered severe positional vertigo ever since. Because of this, I haven't been able to work--however I don't quality for permanent disability because the Drs predict it will clear up. And --I AM starting to get better--it just has been a slow process.

I need some help and encouragement in getting back on my feet. Step one is getting a job---anything to bring in some money to pay the bills. I have an interview on Monday (only moderately hopeful) but need to get my application out to a lot more people. So I would appreciate--any and all advice and encouragement. Please help me stay motivated and on track to land a job. Even though I am starting to feel a bit better physically--I still get depressed and discouraged--which inhibits the job search.

I am also looking forward to making friends who have similar values.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome to the village and good luck with your job interview! You will meet a lot of like minded people here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome, we are glad to have you here, and best of luck with your job search. I have had BPPV (comes and goes) - I can't imagine having it all the time!! wow, hope you get better soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi and welcome to the Village! Keep reading and asking questions---you'll learn lots here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for the welcome.

BlissMommy, I really appreciate the well wishes regarding my job hunt. Fingers crossed that something works out.

josantoro I am so sorry that you also have suffered this. Thank you so much for the empathy regarding my health. And I love your dog--what a cutie.

Ilovechocolate hee---I love your name--I also love chocolate and tend to have at least a little bit every day. I'm already pretty well-versed in frugality---but I love the philosophy here on these boards--which seems to be a more gentle frugality than what I was raised with. I hope to practice frugality the way that many on this board do

For example, my parents never celebrated any holiday (waste of money), we never had pets (waste of money) etc etc. And my parents were not poor---my father was a top executive with a major oil company (!). My parents were both born in the depression era--and they took that mind set about not wasting money to heart.

Now--I greatly admire their discipline--but I don't have very many happy memories of doing things together growing up. We didn't do anything, we didn't go anywhere, if it was fun, or looked good, or felt good--then it was a NO. We didn't even go to the library. When I was about six, a neighbor gave my parents several boxes of books that her children had outgrown. For the rest of our years at home--we just reread those books over and over and over again. My mother wasn't going to waste the gas to take us to the library--after all we had perfectly good books at home--who cares if we had already read each one several hundred times?

When I get my life back on track--I intend to follow what I deem a "frugal--luxury" lifestyle (like I see so many do on these boards)--where I save on some things so that I have the extra money to splurge on other things that bring me joy. First on my list when I get on my feet is to get my first ever pet (maybe even two). :-) I have been longing for one all my life.

And thanks so much to those who gave me a hug---I really needed and appreciate it <3

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You have a great attitude. That will get you through this bump in the road. There are lots of nice caring and like mixed people here with tons of tips and ideas and are willing to listen to successes and setbacks.

Pets are great waste of money ;p I have a cat who needs the expensive vet food for his bladder....but he brings a lot of joy to our lives, even while he does things to piss us off. I would recommend a pet to anyone.

Good luck on getting back on your feet as soon as possible.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

elcome to Frugal Village~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the village...... I guess I would bring GREAT horror to your parents =) I have 3 cats, a dog and a frog.... we did have 5 cats a dog and 2 frogs....hehehe But again welcome to the village