Opinions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Opinions

Ok, if you were me what would you all think?
    I have a coworker who has been on the job for just about 1 year.
    She says some really weird stuff. Is divorced & remarried. 2 grown kids and 1 of the kids hates her & has nothing to do with her. She says the kid thinks she had an affair while married to the dad with the dad's best bud. This lady talks about how promiscuous she's been in the past and how she's liked "alcohol too much". Her words NOT mine. I've noticed that she can't seem to "handle" Mondays and always seems discombobulated and every Monday seems like her 1st day at work. She says some really weird stuff and is off the wall at times. There have even been times where her breathe & body odor have made me and another employee gag. We work for a physician and at times she's come out & said stuff to patients that I just cringe at. Like one day she closed the glass on a patient she checked in who had questions. As she closed the glass while still facing the woman she said "bite me!" I've told my supervisor that I'm not responsible for what comes out of other people's mouths I'm only responsible for what comes out of mine. BUT she is totally inappropriate in my opinion. This has made me not even want to work here anymore. It's very stressful. Anyway, she said some stuff last week to P*ss me off and then out of the blue said: "I could really become an alcoholic" I said "excuse me?" She said "I could really become an alcoholic all I keep thinking about is the chocolate vodka I have at home." Not knowing how to answer I said "Gross" my Mom was given godiva liquer for XMas once and I thought it was gross. She said to me "Oh I drink vodka straight." I dropped it as it was time for me to go home, but was driving home wondering if I should have offered to drive her to a "meeting." She's said really inappropriate stuff and has even told me how she could do my job. I've stood up to her and looked her right in the eye and said go ahead try and take it.
    I just don't know what to do. I keep figuring that she'll hang herself and get fired, but I'm the one who works closely up front with her. The boss is across the hall in her own office and the nurse is outback with patients. I'm just trying to mind my P's & Q's and figure in time she'll hang herself. BUT I was really taken aback by someone who would tell a coworker how they sit and think of their vodka all day. Strange to say the least.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

oh dear---I am so sorry you have to put up with this. Very unprofessional behavior and in a Dr's office to boot.

It actually makes me a little angry too---here I am having a dickens of a time getting a job and there are people out there who don't value their jobs at all. Why do they have jobs and not me? Kind of makes me upset...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would definately report her to my supervisor. That is very unprofessional behavior and you shouldn't have to deal with that. I am so sorry you have to work with a woman like that. Good luck with this situation.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What upsets me most I think is I am a patient of this doctor and have been for about 14 years. My Dh is self employed and I carry the family health insurance. I need this job. This lady supposedly inherited tons of $$ and doesn't need to work altho I'm now wondering if she's just living in her own little fantasy world and telling us all fibs. I keep thinking I need to shut my mouth and she'll hang herself, but so far it's not happening. Altho the nurse did say to me that she's NOW noticed things I've told her and she's seen them for herself. Just need to sit back I guess and wait for the boss to notice.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds like she's already an alcoholic and is coming to work not fully sober. I'd mention it to your supervisor.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My supervisor has told me that she just considers her a body & if she leaves that's fine we'll find someone else. So I'm thinking the office manager can't be bothered with confronting her. The doc we work for is so straight laced. I know in my heart that if he ever heard the stuff that comes out of her mouth she'd be gone, but he's so busy with his patients I don't know if it'll ever happen. My instinct just tells me to be polite, keep my mouth shut and in time she'll get herself in trouble. I just can't imagine telling your coworker that all you're thinking about is the vodka you have at home. I'm no prude I drink, but don't dream of it while at work. I'm thinking there's more to this lady and maybe she needs some serious help.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

how long have you worked there and how long has she....does your supervisor and her seem to have a friendly relationship...just wondering as i wouldnt want u to make these worse on yourself...actually have some of the same issues as you with someone who was newly hired and the rest of us in the room have made some complaints and well ah....it has actually gotten really bad for one of my coworkers and the boss has taken the side of the newly hired person....ugh!
    2012 Goals

Credit card: $917.00/ 937.00

Room Downstair semi completion: $900

Countertop: $400

Deck $750

Bedroom revamp: $400

2 replacement windows $400-$500

intex swimming pool for the kids

get dh to build daughter a chicken coop

Health Challenge 0/20 lbs

no spend days 0/209

grocery reduction 27.76/$300

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would sit back and stay out of it for the moment. A patient will complain eventually. She'll mess up her own life on her own.She seems unstable and you never know what she may do if she thinks you're trying to get her fired. If the boss asks you straight out what you think of her, let it rip...but until then mind your business.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry your co-worker is such a fruitcake.............but..........stay out of it, unless she shows up to work drunk..........zip your lip. You don't want to be pulled into the middle of a 'potential' mess. UNTIL........she does something that starts affecting your work.........good luck. It can make for a very long day when you have co-workers like that................hang in there. Ignore her 'shock treatment' that she is giving you............I might even go so far as when she starts these things to just say TMI..........TMI..........

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A store near me had an employee like this regarding behavior. She would tell everyone around her how her son had adhd just like her. She wasn't afraid of telling people off and talking loudly how a customer made her upset. Remember one time she said she was going to call corporate to complain. Her boss said go ahead. When I came in the next time she was gone.

The woman sounds as if she has many problems. Really there is not much you can do to help her. Try to stay as professional as you can around her. When she starts talking about inappropriate things you can say TMI or just walk away with no response. Can understand how uncomfortable the work situation is.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I would tell her maybe she should ask the DR. for help,otherwise please don't include you in that subject anymore. If she goes to the DR. he will either fire her of help. If she doesn't you have made it clear you aren't interested.
    I had to pull my DD out of her first co-op daycare because the president wife would bring her barfly sister into the place to help. UH,definately NOT what I signed up for.
    Good Luck.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I do feel bad for her she def has some serious problems, but I keep my distance for the most part. I smile and try to be social as we're the only 2 up front together. I figure in due time she'll hang herself. It's a small office. She told me shortly after she started working there that she googled my address so that she could see a picture of my house. Red flags went up in my head and so I keep my distance. Funny thing is when you google my address the picture is actually my neighbors house - LOL! I just thought it was really strange of her to tell me she was looking up my house. She also told me she's tried finding me on facebook, but I must have all my privacy features on. Yup, I do! I have NO desire whatsover to be social outside of work. She's been there 11 months and I've been there 3 years. I just go in and do my work to the best of my ability, make small talk to pass the day. I just thought it so strange that out of the blue someone would announce that they could easily become an alcoholic and that they were thinking of their vodka. I drove home that day thinking maybe I should have suggested she get help or talk to someone. Of course I was shocked she said it so I think of what I should have said after the fact. This is a small office of 5. I was at my last job 23 years and it was a huge department.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I work with a lot of weirdos. I totally sympathize with you. I would be concerned that she has access to your personal medical info. Is there any way you could leave a note for the doctor to meet with you after work to discuss a pressing matter? She has no business working there with those issues.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

After I found out she was looking up my house I pulled my record and got rid of my SS# on the paperwork & in the computer. Got rid of my cell # also. Figured my house phone # is listed in the book. I'm just trying to smile thru the days and keep my safe distance.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by judembc View Post
    This is a small office of 5. I was at my last job 23 years and it was a huge department.
    The more I think about this post..........I am just wondering if she isn't doing some of that for 'shock effect'.......

Have you SMELLED LIQUOR on her?

I am sure we have all known someone that was 'smart' in the general sense, but was just a SOCIAL IDIOT..........I am wondering if maybe that isn't just her.

Is she 'capable' when it comes to doing her job?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast