Tiny feet.....AHHHH!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Tiny feet.....AHHHH!

My youngest daughter is 18 months old and she is the easiest to buy clothes for fall for. She is very tiny and petite as are her feet. She is a size 4, which is supposed to be 9 months to 12 months, but her feet aren't growing and all shoes her size are more for prewalkers. She has been walking since she was 9 months old. It's just a pain in the tushie trying to find her shoes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Do you have a stride rite near you? They make custom shoes and carry a variety of shoe sizes for little ones.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My Grd is 18 months and wears a 5. I thought that was pretty normal. She wears the Pedipeds and they are wonderful!
    Stinkbug

More wagging - Less barking

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have done stride rite in the past with my older kiddos, but hubby is super picky about the look of shoes, so he gets final say on what shoes we buy. My fashion loving husband cracks me up. I haven't tried pedipeds. A 5 is normal, a 4 is small. You can find good shoes in a 5, they are made for the little ones to run around in. 4's are usually made just for looks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by BlissMommy View Post
    My youngest daughter is 18 months old and she is the easiest to buy clothes for fall for. She is very tiny and petite as are her feet. She is a size 4, which is supposed to be 9 months to 12 months, but her feet aren't growing and all shoes her size are more for prewalkers. She has been walking since she was 9 months old. It's just a pain in the tushie trying to find her shoes.
    I am so agree with you. Little Miss wore a 2 when she was a year old and walking in winter. Hard soles were needed. So hard to find.

Stride Rite did not have her size. She would not walk for the store man. She was tired from walking around the mall before going there. He called me a liar about her age and walking ability. He gave me a lecture about feet development and asked us to leave his store.

I have not stepped foot in Stride Rite again.

I did finally find 1 size 2 hard sole for my petite one year old that winter in the whole big city. It seemed like I went to every store that day.
    "Everyday as your walking down the street, everybody that you meet has an original point of view" -Arthur PBS

Imagine - Wife of 20 years to Hubby
    Mom to Buddy (son 17) and Little Miss ( daughter 13)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My dd is 25 and wears a size 3 to 4 shoe. Her feet were tiny as a baby so I know how hard it is. At 1 year old she only wore a baby size 1 shoe. As an adult she gets frustrated finding shoes.
    Wife to Danny for 30 1/2 wonderful years.

Mother of 2
    Ashley 27...
    Dustin 26...

Blessed beyond all measure.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have a two year old that wears size 4 (or even a 3). I agree that is hard to find shoes that have a hard sole. I did find some at childrens place. I have also done well at second hand stores. My problem is that most of her shoes are two wide. She has very narrow feet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Stinkbug

More wagging - Less barking

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Never had problems with shoes. Mostly do sandals so size doesn't matter quite as much or barefoot during the summer. My kids have the problem of clothing not fitting. Slim, no hips, no butt. If the top fits, the pants or bottom half of the outfit is falling off them. By the time the bottoms fit, the top can't go over their heads. Been like that since they were babies. One of the best innovations in children's clothing has been the elastics in the waistbands that can be buttoned at different sizes.
    MissSeetonFan

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wish I could remember what we did for dd. She walked at 7 mos. Maybe she had big freet though I dont remember.