My kid's friends are killing my groceries. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Kool aid? Oh dear God, that stuff is poison. I think you can be jailed for serving that.(this info brought to you by....some other thread.)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Heavens I hope not, since daycare mom told me to give it to the girls! And their daddy is a cop! Oh jeepers!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by WV_mom_of2 View Post
    Heavens I hope not, since daycare mom told me to give it to the girls! And their daddy is a cop! Oh jeepers!
    Just go ahead and turn yourself in now. It will help in your defense.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I could plead insanity. In the last almost two years they have driven me insane and back several time,including today!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by WV_mom_of2 View Post
    I could plead insanity. In the last almost two years they have driven me insane and back several time,including today!

Hey, think of it like a mini vacation...3 meals, clothing laundered for you, a walk around the yard....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds kind of nice compared to being here right now.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

we need a lol button 4 sure

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by LynnLC View Post
    Hey, think of it like a mini vacation...3 meals, clothing laundered for you, a walk around the yard....
    I say the same thing about hospital stays. You get waited on hand it foot it seems

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow...I know budgets are tight, but I also think it is GREAT that they want to hang at YOUR house! What a blessing to you to be able to have your child close, that your child has great friends, and that they choose to hang out at your home!! I know this is a very different perspective, but I think limits can be set while still being hospitable. I think putting up a sign is pretty tacky- my kids would be mortified. I know when my kids have friends over I usually put out snacks on the island in our kitchen. That way rather than having them forage through the cabinets, there are things out that are acceptable for them to eat. Canisters of powdered drink mix are CHEAP- they go on sale here for $1 and make several pitchers. It is cheaper than my child being out somewhere- movies, bowling, etc. I'm not saying prepare snacks- just put them out. A bowl of tortilla chips and salsa. A bag of animal crackers- huge bag is $1 at Walmart. A pan of brownies (again, mix is $1). A bag of frozen pizza rolls, etc. We eat very healthily at home, BUT I stash away some special snack foods for when the kids have guests- usually cheapo unhealthy junk- which is what they want anyways!! I'll even pick up a couple of 2 liters and stash them away for when the kids have friends over- we don't keep soda in our house otherwise. I guess, set some limits you are comfortable with and make sure they are clear to your kids so they can be clear with their friends, but cherish this time too

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dancemommy-think army ants. Ds was trekking outside w/ a can of beans,2 pkg. of hot dogs,2pkg. of buns,2 2L of pop,a coffee cake,and it didn't stop there.

Oh'mom-koolaid used to be part of the food pyamid at our house in the 1960's too. Now it's arsenic.lol

Well back from the farm market-sigh. Sad,sad produce and huge prices.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I finally have dd's boyfriend trained to go to the kitchen and make his own plate and to help himself to drinks in the fridge. All the other friends know it's a "wait on yourself" establishment lol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What happened to good ole 'graham crackers'???.............doesn't anyone snack on those anymore?

That is what I got IF I got anything other than "no, you will ruin your dinner"............

I loved kool-aid..............still can buy it, for 10 cents a pack--unsweetened...........but now I use it for dyeing stuff.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by frugalfranny View Post
    What happened to good ole 'graham crackers'???.............doesn't anyone snack on those anymore?

That is what I got IF I got anything other than "no, you will ruin your dinner"............

I loved kool-aid..............still can buy it, for 10 cents a pack--unsweetened...........but now I use it for dyeing stuff.
    Lol. I have graham crackers........collecting dust in the cabinet. My teenagers eat enough for 7 men. A snack is 2 large pizzas. Ha.

Let me stress, the kids have limits. No teenager in this house is telling this chick how to run things or a swift boot to the rear is the prize they will receive. Seriously, they are all good kids including their friends & I figure if a ginormous grocery bill is all I have to worry about then..I'm good.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Will you adopt me?
    I saved 100% by buying nothing. Best sale of the year.

Think for yourself, question everything.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My house used to be the hangout place too. I served kool-aid (generic at that!), or water. . . Aldi's bread and lunch meats. . . . homemade snickerdoodles. . . . popcorn.

I welcomed all the kids and most were good about not over eating. One friend of my oldest, would come for supper every night, after football practice as his parent's ate at 5 PM and if you weren't there at meal time, you didn't eat! Practice didn't get over until 6 PM. I fed him through all 4 football seasons and was glad to do it. Crockpots were a great friend.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123