13 17.11%
  • other

10 13.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Poll for members

Clearly the majority are here for frugal living topics. But in an effort to strengthen forum categories, I'd like to see what sections members would like to see focused on more. So here's a poll.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like the make it yourself threads a bunch. Be it food or Christmas presents or things like pant hangers turned recipe/cookbook holder or into chip clips.
    "Everyday as your walking down the street, everybody that you meet has an original point of view" -Arthur PBS

Imagine - Wife of 20 years to Hubby
    Mom to Buddy (son 17) and Little Miss ( daughter 13)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Two voted other, but didn't say what other is. LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It would help if there were gluten free and a dairy free recipe section. Seems there are a lot of people here that are eating this way.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would like to see a thread for groc. prices in the posters area............dedicated only to that. Always find that interesting.

Sometimes a thread will start for gas prices........and that is interesting too...........always good to compare areas.

I would REALLY like to see the favorites come back, complete with the info would be nice.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My top would be Green living, Food, Diy and Miy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frugalfranny View Post
    I would like to see a thread for groc. prices in the posters area............dedicated only to that. Always find that interesting.

Sometimes a thread will start for gas prices........and that is interesting too...........always good to compare areas.

I would REALLY like to see the favorites come back, complete with the info would be nice.
    I really like this one. Good one FF. I know there's a lot of Floridians on here. We could keep each other up to date on what store has what.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge/October
    $103.86

October/ Grocery
    /Goal $200.00 Total $63.25

Eat Out No More Oct
    Goal 20
    Accomp/25

No Spend Challenge
    Goal 10
    Accomp/14

Change Jar 2014
    $

Christmas Fund 2014
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I voted other, and I mean more money management stuff.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i think a by state posting for food deals / prices or really any good deal would be a nice way to help each other to save money be aware of unadvertised specials etc in our areas
    *~Debbi~*
    Happily Married Mom to 5 ; PT Home Care RN
    Living with FMS

“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more;
    Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”
    Swedish Proverb

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Getting Gazelle like 7/1/10
    Paid off 6 CC's totalling $6807 in 2010
    Paid off car 9000
    Quit 2nd Job for health reasons so going slower .
    purchased used car in cash 5000
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would like to see more recipes and ways to stretch your food dollars. Also interesting would be a category where you could list what you have in your freezer, fridge and pantry and get ideas of menus from that. I also loved one thread where a gal from Australia ate for $15 a week so that she could pay off her car early and save for a down payment on her home.

A2M

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like the DIY MIY as anything I can do for myself is soo much cheaper than having it done. Also I love how others take seemingly everyday things (and or junk) and transform them into something really useful.
    Blessed and Highly Favored!!!!
    Goal: Donate at least one third of all belongings before the end of the year. I have wwwaaayyy to much stuff!!

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I can't think of anything the site *needs* that it doesn't already cover. It seems to me that the topics are self-regulating. If people have interests, they ask on some forum or other. I sometimes find myself struggling to find the right forum to post in, but I don't think adding new ones is an answer.

I say just go with what you have an interest in expanding, or what you have material for.
    Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

You can't always get what you want
    But if you try sometimes you just might find
    You get what you need ~Rolling Stones

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think the recipe forums for the most part are pretty well organized, but if there is any way possible to replace the missing ingredients lists, it needs to be a priority IMO. That's a huge resource that was available on these boards that's now MIA. Categories might need a bit of tweaking simply because nothing is perfect, and adding the GF and DF boards would probably be a benefit to many here, as mentioned above.

I would also like to see a greater focus on MIY and DIY items. I agree, if I can make stuff myself it's usually cheaper and almost always better.

There are so many people who do not indicate where they live, I find the threads about food costs and other area-specific info more frustrating than anything, although they can be interesting. Without knowing where a particular poster is, I have no clue if something like that is relevant to me or not. I don't know if there is any way to encourage people to add that info or not. But talking about gas prices 'here' and not telling people where 'here' happens to be is just pointless.

I really want back the feature that allows me to ignore entire threads. IMO, having that back would cut down on some of the conflicts that have flared up over the summer. Some of the thread titles are intentionally inflammatory, and it's like a stick in your eye every time you have to read them as you go through the list of new posts. Being able to just hit Ignore and get rid of the entire thread would make it much easier to resist responding when someone has posted something that's obviously meant only to stir the pot and that is nothing but rude and demeaning.

I would like to see less of certain categories of posts that have nothing to do with saving money, but unfortunately they seem to be here to stay. That's another reason the 'ignore thread' feature would be very useful to have back.

Overall, the forums are very helpful, useful, and often enlightening.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness possesses you.” -Mildred Lisette Norman
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Momto5RN View Post
    i think a by state posting for food deals / prices or really any good deal would be a nice way to help each other to save money be aware of unadvertised specials etc in our areas
    Thought of another one.............along with the above........some sort of constant type post where the posters could give a heads up when they notice the ounces, or squares, or packaging is changing on something...............don't know how you would title it but sure would help. I will sometimes miss this when shopping...........and would help me watch for it. PLUS when an item is changing packaging the stores will sometimes run sales on the 'old items' to clear them out.

Like others said...............IT HELPS TO KNOW THE AREA (even the state) WHERE THE POSTER IS AT WHEN THIS IS DONE!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We can start a sticky post on shrinking packaging. If someone wants to start one. I'll sticky it.

I'm with SD on the regional posts without stating a region. It IS pointless.

I've sometimes thought some of the what's for dinner threads without details were a bit pointless, too. Not everyone knows how to make the meals people are posting about and while they could look them up, some small details or even a link to the recipe if it's on allrecipes or wherever would make those posts a better reference for members. Even something as simple as saying you're making burgers. Well how do YOU make your burgers?

I'll open a subforum for special dietary needs, so it covers more than GF/CF. However, I want veg topics to stay in green living. It's more of a lifestyle than a dietary need. At least imo anyway.

We aren't really looking to add more forum categories and expand, but I am always open to opening more if I see it would be used. My main objective is to have everyone see the topics that are of the most interest here. I ask this each year and it does change. I can help lean the focus in those areas and members are aware of what the majority is interested in, too. Perhaps this can lessen the posts that really are off-topic for this community.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast