Murphy Decided to Tag Along on Our Staycation....
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Murphy Decided to Tag Along on Our Staycation....

I really, really, really hate this guy...he decided to make himself at home on our staycation and he doesn't want to leave....I am going to hire a hitman....do anyone of you know of a good hitman? Grrr
    Dh took 2 wks off & we were going to get some things done around here & have some fun w/ the Houseapes. Well.....Murphy decided that it would be a cool idea to tinker w/ the expedition on our anniversary...so now its in the shop & they are so backed up, we don't know when we'll see it again..let alone how much we will have to pay that might not be covered by the warranty we paid for when we bought it....the ac needed emergency work...it flooded the hallway & kitchen, now we have to replace the flooring...the microwave blew up,& the garbage grinder went out, and the doorbell went kaput (finally got that fixed) ...when we were to go the museum, dh got sick.....something had been trying to eat my cantaloupe and pumpkin plants....my parents are sick , & when dh went on top of the roof to measure the wood we would need to replace some rotted wood....he was leaning over the peak to measure when he felt a "pop" & a little bit of pain.....well, the pain got worse & after 2 days of putting up w/ it he went to the docs & found that he had a broken rib! & We discovered that we need a new roof soon. Yikes...then the kitchen sink is leaking and the yard still needs to be mowed and we still have to get the schoolbooks down from the attic b/c school is starting for us right after labor day.......& dd#2 needs consoling - OY!! Did I mention that I hate Murphy? Grrr. Thanks for letting me rant...I feel better...I think. ( I really want to type in some very ugly names for this pesty guy.....but I don't think that would be very nice of me...okay...I'll say it & claim righteous indignation - he's an a**hole)
    I am thankful that we still have HA's at home to help w/ the heavy lifting/work.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by many houseapes View Post
    I really, really, really hate this guy...he decided to make himself at home on our staycation and he doesn't want to leave....I am going to hire a hitman....do anyone of you know of a good hitman? Grrr
    Dh took 2 wks off & we were going to get some things done around here & have some fun w/ the Houseapes. Well.....Murphy decided that it would be a cool idea to tinker w/ the expedition on our anniversary...so now its in the shop & they are so backed up, we don't know when we'll see it again..let alone how much we will have to pay that might not be covered by the warranty we paid for when we bought it....the ac needed emergency work...it flooded the hallway & kitchen, now we have to replace the flooring...the microwave blew up,& the garbage grinder went out, and the doorbell went kaput (finally got that fixed) ...when we were to go the museum, dh got sick.....something had been trying to eat my cantaloupe and pumpkin plants....my parents are sick , & when dh went on top of the roof to measure the wood we would need to replace some rotted wood....he was leaning over the peak to measure when he felt a "pop" & a little bit of pain.....well, the pain got worse & after 2 days of putting up w/ it he went to the docs & found that he had a broken rib! & We discovered that we need a new roof soon. Yikes...then the kitchen sink is leaking and the yard still needs to be mowed and we still have to get the schoolbooks down from the attic b/c school is starting for us right after labor day.......& dd#2 needs consoling - OY!! Did I mention that I hate Murphy? Grrr. Thanks for letting me rant...I feel better...I think. ( I really want to type in some very ugly names for this pesty guy.....but I don't think that would be very nice of me...okay...I'll say it & claim righteous indignation - he's an a**hole)
    I am thankful that we still have HA's at home to help w/ the heavy lifting/work.
    Sorry friends.....I'm just irritated.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

How terrible for so many things to go wrong with one family all at once! Keeping all of you in thoughts and prayers and praying things will get better ASAP! After all you have been through, you have every right to be irritated, if these things happened to me, I would be to.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Some times it just keeps a comin". We just went thru this and have the visa bill to show it. Paid off the washer dryer yesterday but the $1000. in vet bill will have to wait. Would be nice to fix the DW but DD has something to do now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Murphy is NO fun! Sorry he's being such a pain for you! I hope you get him out of your life soon!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oy....HUGS....I would probably need a zanax or two after all that..
    Wife to Keith
    Mom of 3 boys

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh yeow! That is a lot to happen..........hope he leaves your sights soon.

Hope you get the car back w/o too much expense too!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh do I ever hear ya! It's like that around here too. No such thing as an "occasional" breakdown. As soon as one thing goes, I'm armed and ready to count on a few more. I just sigh and shake my head and hope it doesn't hurt too much....lol! It just totally stinks that it happened during your staycation though! But of course Murph never did plan well !

Hope Murphy blows away and you can salvage some time and better health out of all of all this!

For now hang in there! It will get better.

Theresa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

They say that bad things happen in three's. You got it really bad, that was like multiples of three's. Sorry.
    Beak-1996, Toad-1998, and Q-1998
    House payments left: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yeayh ,what they said..wow..hugs... eat cookies..hope it is over with

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by brenda67 View Post
    Oy....HUGS....I would probably need a zanax or two after all that..
    Or a bottle of Crown & a rubber mallet.lol Got the vehicle back and its fixed. Looking on the bright side of things....the original cost was over 1200....but we only had to pay 578 for the stuff that wasn't covered (vehicle had alot of things going on) & hopefully now we'll get better gas mileage. Guess the other stuff that broke down will just have to wait until another time to repair. Thankful we're not in debt for any of it...but the EF is fading pretty fast....Got a dh that needs rapairing - he's in alot of pain...so I have to focus on him more than anything right now. Ya'll are wonderful - thanks

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

prayers for your DH then.