So, I am thinking ahead......
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default So, I am thinking ahead......

I like to do a little something for the three guys on dh's shift at work and a couple of the other people who work there. I used to do a major two day cookie baking session and send them each tons of each. Then I had a couple of years of health issues and didn't do anything. The last couple of years I've done cookie trays that he just takes on Christmas Eve and/or Day (if he's working) and sets out for everyone to snack on.

This year I'm thinking of doing things like a loaf of homemade bread (2 kinds) and a cake or cheesecake or pie for each of them. But I love the cookie sessions too LOL.

Do any of you do things like that and what do you send?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've madeup a few bottles each of homemade Kahlua & Bailey's Irish Cream for a few co-workers..saved the empty wine bottles that got recycled just for this purpose..hth..
    Wife to Keith
    Mom of 3 boys

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

my friend V makes mini loaves of friendship cake/bread, homemade trail mix. one yr I made for dhs' coworker (15 ugh!!!) chocolate spoons, dipped pretzel rods, coffee flavored dip spoons(crushed coffee flavored hard candy sprinkled on still warm choclate spoons), mugs or travel mugs, white chocolate / orange - raspberry spoons..... a funny about this guys thought his coffee flavored chocolate spoon had alread been used...lol the women set him straight a chocolate orange slice (can't remember the name but you have to whack it on a hard surface to break apart).and I put a small baggie of flavored coffee that I made. NEVER again!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I make up individual servings of drink mixes (hot cocoa, chai tea, flavored coffees) and put them in a foil packet in the bowl of a plastic spoon, then tie the entire thing up with colored cellophane or tulle, tie with a ribbon and add a tag that gives mixing instructions.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have made banana breads and pumpkin bread in the foil tins..candy is also easy esp. the peanut butter balls(buckeyes), coconut balls, oreo balls, and cake balls..Chex mix everybody makes sweet so savory is welcome change

oh forgot all this is super cheap and have made it all with all generic ingredients...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I usually make Chex mix and sometimes a popcorn mix with the cookies. I was thinking of doing the bigger things(cakes or pies, etc.) because it would be easier and faster. Not sure what I want to do yet lol