Say Anything ~ 'The What's On Your Mind Today' thread..... - Page 12
Page 12 of 135 FirstFirst ... 291011121314152262112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Am not dealing well with this time of year

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am a bit sad - we went to see GKs that we only see once a year - they live overseas and come back to US for the summer. 5 and 7 years old. I brought them presents, one was having a birthday and the other got a belated birthday present. I thought it would be fun if they each got a big bag of chocolate candy - I know I would have LOVED to have a bag all to myself at that age (or even now!!) Plus less stuff to haul back on the plane.

NOT a good idea - the 7 y.o. birthday child stated "I hate chocolate!" and pushed it away (this is a kid who wanted to eat a Hershey bar AFTER brushing his teeth that night before.) Later he asked where his "Real" present was.

What makes me sad is that his mother just kind of laughed it off. I fear this kid is getting a HUGE sense of entitlement and no guidance as to what is the proper way to say thanks for a gift, including a white lie if necessary. I watched as he opened multiple presents the morning of his birthday and did not say thanks for any of them.

I realize my mistake now, after spending a few days with them, there is not any food that is a "special treat" to these kids. They basically can have whatever they want, whenever. Ice cream every night, chips and cookies freely available.

They seem to like puzzles so I will try that next year. And maybe have a little talk with them about being nice.

We did have a great time otherwise, taught them two new card games and basically had a blast. I just hate to see a little kid becoming so materialistic and greedy.

ETA - they are actually step-GKs although I don't think of them that way. So I am not blood related to either parent.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It is going to be a l-o-n-g school year
    "Everyday as your walking down the street, everybody that you meet has an original point of view" -Arthur PBS

Imagine - Wife of 19 years to Hubby
    Mom to Buddy (son 17) and Little Miss ( daughter 13)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Referred a friend of mine to my chiropractor. She is having back problems. I think she is just pill seeking. She has a very physical part time job and with a herniated disc in her back I don't think she will be able to keep the job forever. She did not like what my chiropractor had to say. He told her to quite her part time job and either have surgery or do physical therapy. She told him she wouldn't be back and said she wasn't quitting her part time job or physical therapy or surgery. I told her I didn't want to walk like a ninety year old at the age of thirty four. Yes it is costing me an arm and a leg for my lower/upper back and my knee. However if it means I can avoid surgery for another twenty years then so be it. I decided this year I need to get healthy in all aspects of my life.
    Debt repayment

cc#1 -1,747.12/549.46 Should be done in April
    cc#2 -3,830.90/3527.00 (transferred balance to 0%)
    cc#3-76.30 will payoff this month (Sept.)DONE
    Car - 4,062.70/1551.00 Will be getting a different vehicle close to my pay off.
    House- 86,970.51/83,003.04
    Student Loans- 35,545.84/32987.91

Upcoming hospital bill: 1588.00 hospital DONE
    533.00 Clinic- Done

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Got possession of a rental today at noon (eviction d-day time) - what a freakin' mess. This place is in worse condition than a dog kennel (one that hasn't been cleaned in 10 years). It is downright nasty (and to think humans were living here) - it's not fit for anything (except maybe the billions of cockroaches that have infested it).... gawd..... some people are beyond downright disgusting....

“After the last tree has been cut down, after the last river has been poisoned, after the last fish has been caught.
    Only then will you find that money can't be eaten.”

~ Cree Indian Prophecy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I wish it would storm to break the humidity.
    Nervous starting my new job tomorrow....it's going to be intense!
    Happy with all the fresh produce in the fridge after picking up groceries.
    April No Spend Days - 8 /22
    2014 No Eat Out Days - 100 /365
    2014 April Gas Challenge - $35 / $80
    April Keep Fit - 270 min / 900 min

2014 - 52 Week Saving Challenge - 3, 8, 9, 10, 14, 16, 18, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52

Give God your problems and he will give you His peace.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am just so frickin excited over our new puppies - they are amazing angels! I've always had labs & German Shepherds. These are 2 Australian Shepherds 9 wks old. We picked one up at 5 pm and the 2nd at 7 pm on Friday nite. They are already going to the front door to be let out. Friday nite we had accidents now they seem to be catching on. They have not chewed on anything other than their toys. I purposedly held off on new rugs expecting housebreaking horrors. I'll still wait on the rugs, but this breed is just amazing me. They're even great with the cats. Only 1 met the bunny so far.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2 painful fibro days in a row. I didn't even make it to church today and I rarely miss. I hate fibro. Hate that it takes my life away from me.
    Wife to Danny for 30 1/2 wonderful years.

Mother of 2
    Ashley 27...
    Dustin 26...

Blessed beyond all measure.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pammy - I hope things get easier over time. It's been 4 yrs. since I lost my sister/bff and I still have triggers that get to me. They'll always be in our hearts.

Heart of mine - Sorry you're not feeling well - I know 2 people with fibro and it's awful for them. I can only imagine what you go thru.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would like to see the made-up word "irregardless" either added to correct speech and writing or vanish off the planet.
    Five mortgage payments to go. 100% debt free by 9/5/14

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So worried about our dog. She is a 3 year old Beagle and I have no idea what is wrong with her but late last night she shifted around from a nap and when she got up she yelped. I thought it was odd but she had ran and played and went in and out all day yesterday with us in the yard and she was fine. We all came in and she laid down on the big bed for a nap. Every time she gets up now she does it. Once she is up she walks fine its the extension of her legs that seem to be the problem. Like getting off the bed or on the bed. Even the small stairs on the back deck to get to the yard late last night for her last time out to go to the bathroom. I tried to help her up and down but I cant see or feel anything wrong so I don't know where it hurts. The vet opens at 9 and they are getting a call the second they open.
    Kim

Wife to dh Jeff for 23 years

Mom to dd 18 dd 14

3 very spoiled cats

1 dog

Book Challenge 2014 - 1 / 24

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    It is going to be a l-o-n-g school year
    I am revising my statment. It is going to be a
    very l-o-n-g school year
    "Everyday as your walking down the street, everybody that you meet has an original point of view" -Arthur PBS

Imagine - Wife of 19 years to Hubby
    Mom to Buddy (son 17) and Little Miss ( daughter 13)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's Monday!!
    Good News.........tomorrow isn't Monday
    Bridge
    My Food Diary-- http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/xempress
    FV Exercise Challenge-- http://sdrv.ms/13tZfBX

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was able to get bread in the machine this morning already. Going to put it in the solar oven when it's done mixing. Need to vacuum upstairs, clean bathroom, laundry and shred zucchini.
    Debt repayment

cc#1 -1,747.12/549.46 Should be done in April
    cc#2 -3,830.90/3527.00 (transferred balance to 0%)
    cc#3-76.30 will payoff this month (Sept.)DONE
    Car - 4,062.70/1551.00 Will be getting a different vehicle close to my pay off.
    House- 86,970.51/83,003.04
    Student Loans- 35,545.84/32987.91

Upcoming hospital bill: 1588.00 hospital DONE
    533.00 Clinic- Done

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We took Avery to the mall playground in Thursday, which was her birthday.....and now she has a cold. We went there for a cupcake..she saw the playpark and we couldn't say no, even though I hate those places.

I'm annoyed. We go camping tomorrow until Friday. So far, she's the only one sick......just in time for us to get it camping!

Loading up on cold meds, Kleenex, taking the humidifier and praying for the best.
    9614.94/10000 FFEF
    103.00 52 week money challenge