Frugal Village Forums banner

Do you have a cell phone?

Tags
cell phone
2K views 27 replies 27 participants last post by  Leiloni77 
#1 ·
And if so, do you use it often or just have it for emergencies? We have one that we only use for emergencies.

#3 ·
Yes and quite often.
Being a working mother with a child in many activities, I feel a need to have a phone with me so that I can be reached in an emergency. It also is nice when the traffic is really bad and I think that I will be late to daycare.

#4 ·
we both have a prepaid one that we use for emergencies or to tell ech other something like we are running late or stop and get milk that kind of thing but we don't use it just to talk...

Eileen

p.s. the cell phone is a pet peeve of mine, people who talk on them all the time, in stores in restaurants and just everywhere, my best friend does it all the time and it drvies me NUTS!!

#7 ·
I have one I use all the time but I don't go over on my minutes. I will make long distance calls on it.

#8 ·
I use mine for lond distance calls too...... I never go over minutes, I used to use it for emergencies only, but all those minutes I bought were going to waste.........

#11 ·
I have a cell phone, but I only use it for emergencies & a few other calls when I need too.:cat:

#14 ·
No I don't have one, but I'm thinking of getting one.

#15 ·
No, we don't have one. We used to, though.

#16 ·
Yes, we have 3 cell phones. I got them at the end of last school year when my dd's high school had several days of lockdowns because of bomb threats and possible shooting threats, none of the threats were real thank goodness but I still remember the fear in my dd's voice when she used a friends cell phone to call and let me know that they were in a lockdown and she was scared!!! I have my cell phone with me at all times just in case one of the kids needs me. Dh carries one because he works in the field and if I ever need to contact him I can just call instead of trying to get his dispatch to locate him!!!

#17 ·
No and I won't be getting one. They drive me crazy. When my husband worked for a landscaping company one would have been nice he was never in the shop and I was pregnant, but we could not afford one then.

#18 ·
I have one, in fact, I don't have a land line! I just find it more convenient right now since I only live in the one room. When I move I have to get a land line to get internet service. I wish I didn't have to get it, I like the flexibility of the cell phone.

#21 ·
Used to have 2 but got rid of them. We were paying almost $90.00 a month for the 2 of them. It was nice to use for long distance, when dh was working 4 hrs away. But now he's not and I find my 3 cent a minute phone card works just as well and a ton cheaper. Dh has one from work- and I don't really go anywhere. If I was stuck on the side of the road- everyone around here is nice enough to help out without me being in fear of my life. Plus, the way I see it- if I'm in the middle of no where- I don't have service any way- so who would I call in an emergency?

Laura

#24 ·
We have a Track Phone, where you prepay for the time you will use. Buy a 30 minute card every 2 months from Walmart, etc.

Hardly ever use it, just keep in the truck if I ever have need to use it. The units just keep building up if you do not use them.

#25 ·
We have a Trac Phone, where you prepay for the time you will use. Buy a 30 minute card every 2 months from Walmart, etc.

Hardly ever use it, just keep in the truck if I ever have need to use it. The units just keep building up if you do not use them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.