just some ramblings on the world
    Master Dollar Stretcher aka LaciBob lucy979's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Red face just some ramblings on the world

I have been in a very huge state of denial. I am watching the news and I am just figureing out how bad the world is right now. I just heard that the gov. said everybody needs to stock up on food and water and duct tape and plastic sheets. They also said that an attack was at an 8 on a scale from 1 to 10. I watch the news everyday but have not heard any of this! Germany and France are not willing to give us any help and they don't want to do anything about Saddam. Then of course there is Norht Korea. I am going to have to read up about that! I have never really paid much attention to Korea. Now I am going to read up on it and find out more. Why are these leaders still in power? We have always known about them! Why did we wait until now to do anything about them!? I mean this Korea guy has been in power for a very long time. What were these other presidents thinking!? Why didn't they do anything about it! Why do we have to just appease people? Why don't they just go in there and bomb them all? JMO

Ok, wow! I am sorry for rambling. I just really needed to get that out. I really did not know all this stuff. I am deffinately going to pay more close attention to the news from now on!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ramble on anytime you want. This is a scary time because we just don't know what will really happen. I have been keeping away from any news regarding the war lately just because I'm scared. I should pay more attention but I guess a part of me feels in denial also.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just heard about the plastic sheets and duct tape thing this morning. And it is kind of scary, it makes me think that they have some really good information that something is going to happen. The world is a really scary place right now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Laci ramble all you want.Right now is kinda scary for all of us.I think the world needs more people to be scared and wonder is what is going to happen next.Maybe if so many people do get that way then maybe those people will stand up and do something about it.And yes I agree with you on wondering why no other presidents have done anything about these countries.I am scared for the world right now for everyone has become filled with such hate for people unlike themselves.My big question is why people can't just live their lives the way they want to with out having someone tell them how to live thier lives.I feel for these people who live in countires that are ran this way.We are very fortunate to have our freedom and live the life we choose to live.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I agree it is scary. I pretty much agree with the President on most things, but I don't understand this rush to war. I'm particulary concerned because I live near a nuclear power plant, and I figure those are probably prime targets. They had a story on our local news that our power plant had about 30 seconds to decide if a threatening plane was near. And in that 30 seconds, someone had to make a decision whether or not to shoot it down!
    When we first moved into our house, I had no idea we were so close to a nuclear power plant. I had never lived in TN before and I didn't even know there was one here. When I was unpacking our boxes, I noticed a calender that the previous owners had been so kind to leave us. It was from the power plant, and had evacuation instructions! I was so freaked out! I called my husband at work, and he said he thought I knew, he thought everyone knew. NO! I had no clue! They had a map of the plant and then drew concentric circles radiating out, we were at D2. Which I told my husband probably meant dead in 2 minutes!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ok guys i was in class all day,from 8am to 5pm and then went to the store..whats going on,,i definently missed some thing..but we al ready have plastic sheeting in the house and 1 gal.of water(from when our water went out, township was doing repairs) but thats it..
    car loan 12/2006 14,687.93

student load : in forbearance

Master Dollar Stretcher
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You know, we do live in some scary times, but we cannot live our lives in fear "of what might be". I think being prepared is wisdom, but I am going to take the way of the people in Isreal who go on with their daily lives and not live in constant fear. For me, I am putting my faith in God, preparing for interuptions in services, but there is no amount of plastic and duct tape that can keep my family safe from a chemical or biological disaster. Our home cannot be made airtight and if it is my time to go home to Jesus, then I'm ready.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Very well said Debbie!

Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob Dixie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Amen, Debbie!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Originally posted by hmsclmom
    You know, we do live in some scary times, but we cannot live our lives in fear "of what might be". I think being prepared is wisdom, but I am going to take the way of the people in Isreal who go on with their daily lives and not live in constant fear. For me, I am putting my faith in God, preparing for interuptions in services, but there is no amount of plastic and duct tape that can keep my family safe from a chemical or biological disaster. Our home cannot be made airtight and if it is my time to go home to Jesus, then I'm ready.
    Debbie, I could not have said it better myself. My DD1 and I were discussing this yesterday. I refuse to live in fear of what might be. I know where I stand with the Lord, and where my DH and kids stand with HIM, and that's the most important thing to me. Duct tape and plastic are not going to save you in a chemical cloud. No house is airtight.

The only thing I'm concerned with is having water. I need to round up some containers and start drawing water in case we lose our power. I also need to stock up on some t.p., we only have 3 rolls left, lol.

Scrappycat, I also live near a nuclear plant. I try not to think about it. I heard that even if a plane hits the reactor towers, all of the nuclear "explosive" type stuff is underground, and they can't get to that with a plane.