Invasion of the Millers
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Unhappy Invasion of the Millers

Eww ewww ewww. My skin is crawling here. For the past week or so, maybe longer we have been dealing with a migration of Miller Moths. They are gross (as I am freaked out by bugs anyhow). THey smack against the windows of the house leaving the wing dust prints on the windows. I walk out the door and they woosh inside my home, they flap all over my lights...they drive my birds and cats crazy...I have to skim em outta my fish tank every morning, they are found in the toilet bowl in the mornings too. They come every year, but seem to be really comming in droves this year. They are clinging to the celings and the mouldings. Ick!!!! Driving me nuts!! I walk through the house smacking them with the fly swatter...then cleaning them up. Yick. I can't wait till it is over for the year!

Anyone else get caught up in a creature migration???

Heres what a miller moth looks like:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~~ Missy ~~

Planting and raising an urban homestead in the middle of Downtown big city right at the foot of the Rocky Mountains!

Zone 5 Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh Melissa, please don't say that. That means they are on their way to us and we had them in droves last year. Of all the bugs, the Millers are the ones that scare me the most.

As a little girl, they frightened me to tears and to this day they still almost do. I dislike those things intensely.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Is it different from a gypsy moth? I used to get gypsy moths in NY. (but not inside) and my neighbor would actually blowtorch them off his trees.

I'll have to go read what bugs come here in MI. There are two that invade and it's quite gross every year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh yes, they are everywhere!!

The weirdest of all is sitting at a traffic light and having the birds dive bomb your car trying to catch the blasted creatures...

EWWW

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well here we are invaded by those darn water ants.....ewwwwwwwww!!! They may actually have a name but I call them the water ants cause thats ALL they want.It drives me nutty.......as soon as it starts getting hot they invade my kitchen..NEVER near the food just all over the sink and counters and my bathrooms........I HATE ANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I dunno if they are the same as gypsy moths, could be. All I know is that Millers come from "cutworms"....and only because i listened to the tail end of a news article about them. icky icky icky. Blow torch you say.....lol i can see me with the blow torch tryoing to get rid of these critters. too bad they are inside or maybe i would! lol

Denise we had teeny tiny ants one year get in, they made a line straight for the cat and dogs foods, and then made a nice warm happy home in one of my palms!!! Had to throw out the plant and spray the carpet to finally kill em off.
    ~~ Missy ~~

Planting and raising an urban homestead in the middle of Downtown big city right at the foot of the Rocky Mountains!

Zone 5 Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

lol for a minute i thought my relatives had come to stay at your place
    we have them here too along with an all white version. so far they have stayed outside, but they just coat the outside of the house.

Master Dollar Stretcher
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I thought you were talking about your relatives invading also! Maybe it's because I feel like I am being invaded when some of our extended family decides to come for a visit and things are a bit strained!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Aren't gypsy moths the big green ones? We had those a couple of years and it sounded like birds flying into the side of the house.
    Jeanna
    Jeanna

Wife to Ken for 27 years
    DS 25
    DD 20

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I'll try again tomorrow. --Mary Anne Radmacher