Frugal Village Forums banner

Frugal villagers at the St. Louis Zoo

3K views 27 replies 20 participants last post by  simplemom 
#1 ·
I'm posting my pictures in the photo gallery. I don't have very many as my digital only holds a few pictures on it's memory card, but you can see what I have.

We had so much fun! ! ! It tried to rain on us during lunch, but Marcia wouldn't let it even consider it. We were under a huge tree and didn't even feel the rain. It stopped by the time we were done eating.

My dh didn't take a wheelchair, so he was pretty tired by the end of the day, but managed to keep up with all of us.

The kids all got along and I had so much fun just watching them as they looked at the animals.

We all got wet in the penguin exhibit- those little guys sure were plalyful.

#3 ·
I had so much fun too, Sunshine! We didn't get to the penguin display, our kids were tired,( and so were we) and the line was about 2 blocks long at the time we got there. What was your favorite part of the day? If I were asked that I'd have to say lunck. Not just because the food was so good, but that is part of it, but because we all had a chance to sit down and get to know each other. I just got home about an hour ago. We went to try and get Alex some new shows but no luck. I'm beat and I think I walked off all my lunch, the brownies and fluff included!! lol
Mel, I hope you Dd has a great birthday tomorrow! It was wonderful meeting all of you!!! Marcia

#6 ·
Sounds like (and looks like from the pics) that everyone had a great time!!

#7 ·
I am so glad everyone had fun! It rained here all day I was hoping it missed you.

#8 ·
I had such a great time! lunch was definitely terrific. We had so much food! I will post my pictures soon.

After we split from the group we went to the reptile house and primate house (after the Pengins). Then we saw the lions, zebras, and camels. We took a ride on the train and then we left.

We definitely need to try to get together as a village as much as possible. I think everyone would love to do what we did as well. It is great to put names with faces. (although I still remember some usernames better than real names LOL)

Lori that was such a sweet thing to do with the T-shirts for the adults and the stuffed animals for the kiddos. :hugz: My 2 love their stufties. Seth carried his most of the time we were there and Elizabeth made sure her elephant got to "see" everything. It even got to go up to the window in the reptile house and she showed it the snakes! LOL

#9 ·
I saw the pics and it looks like you guys had a good time.

Can you tell us who is who? I would love to know the name with a face!! :D

Thanks!!!

#10 ·
Sorry- let's see if I can name everyone's names.

From left to right:

Hope and her two kids (sorry, I don't remember their names :( )

Marlena (my redheaded sister)

Deana- my daughter

Melody (aka frugalmel) and her dd Elizabeth

Me holding Zach- my great nephew

Marcia ( aka slowtypinwoman) and her dd Alex

Lori ( captnclearance) with Jeff and Kelly.

#11 ·
We had the best time !!!!!!!!!!! It was so much fun to meet everyone, the kids got to see a lot of animals and played on the slides ....... we had WAY TOO MUCH FOOD but it was all good !!!!!!
We all stayed dry dispite the sprinkles.........Here are a few pics....
In this photo from left to right are........
Marcia's (Slowtypinwoman) friemd Hope and her 2 children..
with the red hair hiding is Denise's (Sunshine) sister Marlene, she is hiding behind Denise's dd Deana.... then.... Melody ( FrugalMel)
and her dd, Elizabeth in the single stroller ( Happy Birthday today Elizabeth !!!!!! ) Next is Denise and her Sister's Grandson Zack......
Next is Marcia and her dd Alex..... Next is me and my ds Jeff and my dd Kelly..........

#12 ·
We posted at the same time Denise......

#14 ·
I'm so happy for you guys! Glad you had a great time & thanks for sharing your pics with us!!!!

#15 ·
This is my ds feeding the lorriekeets.........

#17 ·
Very nice! I miss the St. Louis Zoo. aw heck I miss Missouri!
I loved Shaw's garden! is it still there?
Looks like you all had a great time!
We ought to try for a get together in Abilene, they had the biggest zoo around here, San Angelo doens't have much for tourists, well there Fort Concho, but not much else!

#25 ·
You all sounded like you have a very good time! The pics are great too! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.