I'm so mad!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm so mad!!!!!

Master Dollar Stretcher
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Angry I'm so mad!!!!!

On Tuesday we reserved tickets to go and see "The Twelve Days of Chemistry" at a local college tonight. The lady that I talked to in the chemistry office was very sweet and we chatted about our kids and trying to fit everything in. I asked her if it would be ok if a friend of mine paid for and picked up our tickets this morning along with hers and she said that was fine. I also asked if the 6 p.m. show was about sold out and she said they had lots of tickets left. OK, so I reconfirmed that my friend would pick them up and she again said fine, she'd have them waiting for me. My friend and I made plans to take the kids to see the Chemistry thing and then drop the kids off at youth group so we could go and do some shopping and my hubby arranged with his boss to work late since we would not be home.

Fast forward to this morning...My friend goes to pick up her tickets along with ours and they can't find ours. There were 2 ladies working in the office. My friend asked them if they we could just buy 4 other tickets then because our first set was misplaced and they told her no. She then called me and I called the office asking them about my tickets and telling them all about the conversation I had with another lady in the office on Tuesday and how they said my tickets would be waiting and that I confirmed twice on that. The lady on the phone got really rude and said there was no record of me ever calling and reserving my tickets and that show was sold out. I then asked her when it sold out and she said this morning. I asked if everyone who had reserved tickets this morning had paid for them and picked them up and she said no. I then said "Well since I reserved mine on Tuesday, then I should be able to get my tickets because I called ahead of the others, isn't there something that you can do since it was a mistake made in your office?". She kept getting more and more upset with me and insinuated that I was lying about reserving my tickets. I told her that our whole evening had been planned around this and that we were comign in with another family to do this from out of town and then taking the kids to youth group. She didn't care and said that there is nothing she can do about that! By now I am ready to spit bullets because the kids were all looking forward to this and being with their friends. Never once did she offer an apology for the misplaced tickets.
    Now I'm really ticked and I called the Alumni office to see if they could do anything since I am an alumni there. I told a really nice man all about what happened and how I had talked to a really nice lady on Tuesday and today spoke to someone else there who was very rude. He said he'd see what he could do because they should do something to make this right since it was their mistake. He told me he'd call me back in a few minutes.
    An hour later he finally gets back to me and tells me that he must have spoken to the same lady I did today because she was very rude to him also. He then called the dean of the college who seemed to back him. The dean called him back and was backing the rude lady in the office who said that she remembers everyone who calls and that I never called and reserved tickets! The alumni guy told the dean that I spoke to someone else in the office on Tuesday who was very nice repeated my conversation with her again to him. He also told him again that the lady said she'd have the tickets for me. The dean then said that the (rude) lady said that she would know if I called and that he believed that lady, I was wrong. OK now the dean is accusing me of lying!!!
    The alumni guy is now ticked!!! He said he was really upset about how the lady treated me and how she treated him and that he was not impressed with the dean's behavior either. He then told me that they said the show started at 5 p.m. and if I was there then and there were some no shows that they would sell me tickets then. Excuse me??? I told him the show was supposed to start at 6 p.m. and he said, well they just told him 5 p.m.. He apologized and said that he had tried everything and that they were really screwed up down there (I really like this guy!!!!) and that he realized that this really did not look good from a PR standpoint with the alumni. He was upset with their behavior also and told me that luckily all the colleges on that campus didnt act like they did!!! I thanked him for doing his best and trying to get this all straightened out for me. I felt badly that he was treated so rudely also.
    I then called the friend that we were supposed to be going with (who had also tried to pick up my tickets for me) and repeated the whole conversation with the alumni guy with her and the time that the Chemistry office told him the show was. She checked her tickets and sure enough, it said 6 p.m., not 5 like the office was telling him. So...she offered to give up her ticket so my oldest son could go with her 2 kids and she and I would take my twins with us shopping or something for an hour. The twins agreed to that plan. We'll then pick the other kids up and take all of them to youth group at 7 p.m. and she and I will go back and finish her shopping. I'm going to be very interested to hear if their are any open seats at this thing.

Registered User Lori Biever-Launder's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GRRRRRR....I would be yelling at the top of my lungs over this! How can someone be sooo rude?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow, quite the story! No fun trying to jump through hoops when some don't know where & when the hoops are. They really need to get it together. Glad you & your friend were able to work something out.Hope you have a good time together, whatever you all do.

PS ~ My sister gets & writes down the name of anyone she talks to on the phone. It has come in handy more than once for her.

Master Dollar Stretcher
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry Debbie - why is it that the rude people always seem to win?! I really hope the kids enjoyed the show & I'm sure the twins enjoyed their evening out too!

Next time get a name! (and a DNA sample is not out of the question after the treatment they gave you!! )

Master Dollar Stretcher
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks ladies! You know, I wished I had gotten the names of both the nice lady I spoke to in the beginning and the rude lady I spoke to today. I didn't think I'd need it the first time and the second time I was so shocked by the rude behavior of the woman that I was just floored.

Hubby is fuming and wants us to write a letter the the University President telling him what happened and letting him know that this may be one of the reasons that financial giving is down among the alumni. My man does not get riled up very often, but when someone treats his family like this, well..watch out!!!

We'll be leaving here in just a few minutes and I'm sure that the twins will have a good time shopping. Thanks for letting me rant and get this off my chest!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Once again they let the morons be in charge. I hope the rude lady is eventually put in her place. Here's a to share with the kids.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Debbie, I am so sorry that your plans were messed up by the incompetance of the college staff. I hope that the College President can do something about it when your DH sends him the details of it. They should be ashamed of themselves for the way that they treated you, sheesh, I hope that the old adage about what goes around comes around holds true and that the rude lady has to experience the same treatment that she gave first hand.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ugh! Who put a bee in that lady's bonnet?
    When I was in college I worked part time for the Special Events department and that included ushering for concerts, etc. The Head Usher always had a couple of sets of "House Seats" that were available for ticket mess-ups (like double printed tickets, etc. The party that came and found their seats taken were given the "house seats" which typically were the best seats in the house.) I wonder if they might have those available tonight??? If not, I'm sorry you had to go through this ordeal!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Debbie

Sorry this happened to you. I hope that the evening got better for you and that you had a nice evening afterall.

At least the alumni guy was nice to you. But as far as him saying that he would sell you the tickets of the "no shows" if you wanted he should have just given them to you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Debbie I think you should call the local newspaper and tell them about this. Or the local tv station. Tell them how the man from the alumni office was treated as well. (maybe you have his name?- I am horrible about getting names) I am sure that the Dean would NOT want that kind of publicity and just "might" find those tickets and an apology for you.

I am sorry this happened!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Master Dollar Stretcher MJsLady's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hugs Debbie, i agree with Mel, I would draw some attention to this! There is no call for such rudeness ever, even if she really doesn't remember you calling!
    This was last night right? I hope the evening was still a good one for you!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just wondering how things turned out.........
    Here's hoping it was

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

...I can understand why you were upset, Debbie! That is so decieving to be treated this way....I can't believe this lady works with the public!

I hope your son did enjoy it and that your twins still had a good time with you.

Master Dollar Stretcher MJsLady's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OOOOOOOOOOOOO DEEEEEEEEEbbieeeeeeeeeeee
    How did it end???? Ya can't just leave us hanging like this ya know!
    It has been bugging me all week! LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast