Frugal Village Forums banner

I got published!

Tags
published
4K views 28 replies 28 participants last post by  kpnskendra 
#1 ·
No, it's not my novel, but it's a little something and I'm very excited!

I subscribe to a couponing/refunding magazine, Refunding Makes Cents . Last month, the editor put out a request for people to write a story about how couponing/refunding has changed their lives. I wrote an article, filled Julia's old crib with all the free health and beauty products I've gotten free in the past six months, took a picture with Julia standing in front of it and sent it in.

Not only did the article and the picture get published in the magazine, but she offered a free gift to her favorite three entries, and mine was one of them! So, I got published AND I get a free gift!

I realize it isn't Time or Newsweek , but I am still VERY excited and I wanted to share with my frugal friends!

#2 ·
Amy, enjoy your thrill! I used to subscribe as well and I got published once too!
Now that I am switching to mostly home made stuff there aren't as many coupon opportunitues for me, but I love reading about everyones elses deals!
Congrats Amy! There is nothing like the first time your words are printed for others to see!

#14 ·
karlisangel said:
Amy~

That is just awesome....:smball: :smball:
Next thing you know it will be that novel...and we can all say, we knew you when...
Keep writing...
that is sooo fantastic, i am so happy for you! Congrats!

#15 ·
:clap: Good for you Amy!!:yippee:

#16 ·
:fdance: WooHooo! WTG Amy! :fdance:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.