Frugal Village Forums banner

It's a rainy day...and...

Tags
dayand rainy
944 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Heather 
#1 ·
Just felt like posting a bit about what's been going on (not that it's anything big)

Yesterday my husband gave one of his guitar's to his couins son, who is about 13 years old? As well as other equipment...their whole family came over and their youngest duaghter played with Ayla for a while, and then I came in and played with them and enjoyed seeing what it'd be like with two kids :D

We watched a really cool movie after they left (Out of Time with denzel washington) and then did our grocery trip as a family. (usually I go alone) It went great and Ayla got to sit in those kiddie carts so she had a blast the whole time 'driving'. Carl was too embarrassed to push so I volunteered ;)

So last night it got really cloudy with that lovely smokey fireplace smell in the air, and today it's been raining raining raining...

And I have a very messy room to clean up, mostly clean clothes that need to be hung but i'm procrastinating :eek: I can tell I don't want to do it when I start organizing things like the freezer instead ;)

Uh oh, it got really quiet in here, so that means I have a diaper to go change!

Maybe after that I'll attack my bedroom...
Then I want to bake pumpkin pies, and finish the day coloring again with ayla and playing legos...i feel so frustrated because I am not very creative with the lego's! My sisters boyfriend came over and BAM he had built a really cool semi truck in no time at all!

Ok...gotta run :toothy:

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi Heather, sounds like a lovely time with your family. I love playing with lego.

Your bit about "that lovely smokey fireplace smell" got me thinking about when I was growing up in Sydney. It's colder there than it is here and I remember my mum getting an open fire ready for us every winter's night. God I loved those nights. My mum would test my sister out on our spelling and we'd all laugh at my dad when he snored in his chair - all cozy from the fire. I haven't thought about that lovely fireplace smell for so long. Thanks for reminding me.

#5 ·
I love rainy days, especially when they are spent with those I trasure the most. Hope that the rest of the day is as great.

I hope that rain travels south so I can have a moment like you have !

#7 ·
Heather, it's so nice to hear what's going on with you. I miss you:)

#9 ·
aww you girls are so sweet :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.