Frugal Village Forums banner

What is your #1 wanted item to make your life easier?

2K views 20 replies 19 participants last post by  CAGmomof2 
#1 ·
And no, you can't say a maid!!! :laugh:

Mine is a big item: A bigger home!!!!

Our home is very small and we are all crammed in here. I'd love to have a bigger home so we could spread out a bit more. I really would love to have a library/family room and a huge cold storage and pantry area.

#2 ·
I think it might be a bit easier if we had a bigger living room. It's full with 4 people, jammed with 6 which makes it hard to have company over.

#3 ·
I don't know if this would make mine easier but it would make it less stressful in the springtime. I would like to have a storm shelter (cellar). I love in tornado alley and the nearest cellar is down the road a block away. I would like to have my own and have it stocked with supplies.

#4 ·
The addition we have been talking about forever. It would mean a 1/2 bath and my washer & dryer on the first floor. Right now we only have 1 full bath on the second floor and my washer & dryer are in the basement. Getting really hard doing the stairs with my arthritis and when both of us had surgery a bathroom downstairs would have been wonderful.

#7 ·
Well,since I can't say maid..how about a nanny?! JUST KIDDING!!

I really can't think of anything except maybe more hours in the day. oh I know.How about when kids turn 3 years old..they're just automacially potty trained :toothy:

Kim--I wouldn't pay that much for the floormate either but I did buy the floor keeper by dirt devil...It's around $96 at Wal-Mart versus $178 for the floormate.works good..so far!

#8 ·
central vacuum. I had it in my last house, but not here and I miss it a lot.

I'd also love a laundry chute and some sort of dumb waiter to haul the clothes back upstairs. OR an addition so the laundry room was the main floor.

#10 ·
I think more storage space would make it easier, I am fairly well organized, but its always a hassle to get things out of storage. I have everything neatly crammed into a tiny little space and I end up getting frustrated when I have to dig something out.

#15 ·
The "person" that would make my life easier is my DH.  He's on the road so much that he's hardly at home right now.  Can't wait for him to retire! 

Susie in MN

#18 ·
bigger house with a basement home located far away from inlaws :toothy:

#20 ·
For those that wanted the floormate, I noticed in the Big Lots circular this week that they are on sale for $99. Product is remanufactured. I'm not sure what the retail is on this item but if you want one and have Big Lots nearby, may be worth checking out.

For me, I think I would wish for a bigger house with lots of storage closets and such!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.