Such a horrible day PLUS Day 8 and it's all over!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Unhappy Such a horrible day PLUS Day 8 and it's all over!

I've had such a horrible day today I was minding my own business when all hell broke loose with my eldest son, I'm still so upset over it I don't want to go into details but it got REALLY bad, he called me terrible names and we were both screaming at each other

Also today is Day 8 of my no smoking and I've blown it I've had 4 cigarettes today!!!!! This has many implications apart from the obvious, because I really felt that God wanted me to do this, and I've had many doubts about my beliefs since my baptism and now this!

I'm so upset, I can't even begin to talk about it all right now, I just wanted to let you know that I'm offically OFF the wagon

Thank you for all the support you have been giving me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry Bev....one day at a time....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Doesn't mean you are 'off' the wagon, you just slipped. Keep trying Bev, you have done a whole lot better than I have.

I'm sorry you and Oliver are having problems.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

((((((HUGS))))))) and prayers. One of the best things about God is His GRACE. He knows we are human and that we are going to blow it at times (okay, a lot of times ). He picks us up, helps us brush ourselves off (so to speak) and gives us another chance. HE is the only perfect one. Satan is trying his best to discourage you. Don't let him do it! You went 8 days without smoking and that is TERRIFIC! You WILL climb back on the no-smoking wagon again and we will all be here to support you! No put downs here....we all have areas where we really struggle (you can ask my dh if you don't believe me....I just really blew it with him! )
    ((((((HUGS))))))))

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's ok. Why do we fall?? Because we sometimes have to get back up to get a new start. I am sorry you are having troubles with your DS. I imagine it must be hard, but know we are all here to help.

and I've had many doubts about my beliefs since my baptism and now this!
    Dont stress about this. This too shall pass (wonder who said that once before?? )I truly believe that you aren't given more than you can carry... and when it feels like it is more than you can bear, take a deep breath, and let us help carry the load. I can't be there in person, but I can be in spirit. that's what friends do. It's ok to lean on friends when you have trouble.
    ~~ Missy ~~

Planting and raising an urban homestead in the middle of Downtown big city right at the foot of the Rocky Mountains!

Zone 5 Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

A week without smoking is great. If you want to, even after this one day of smoking...try to quit again. Don't give up trying if it's what you really want to do.

I'm sorry to hear about your fight.
    Follow me on Twitter!

Follow me on:
    Pinterest

A monumental event can happen any day." --Peale
    "Leap and the net will appear. --John Burroughs

Would the child you once were be inspired by the adult you've become?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bev, you are so on my heart this afternoon! (I guess it is night time for you!) A verse that keeps running through my head is Romans 8:1 "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."

And another saying that comes to mind is "Today is the first day of the rest of your life." So even though you had a horrible day with the fight and smoking, you CAN start over. You made it EIGHT days. You can do that again!!

Know that you are loved and are in our thoughts and prayers!

Master Dollar Stretcher
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Strength is not in "not falling" - strength is in getting back up again....

Babysteps sweetie.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

As Sara said: "A week without smoking is great. If you want to, even after this one day of smoking...try to quit again. Don't give up trying if it's what you really want to do. "

I'm with Sara.

I, too, am sorry about your fight. I know how those can break your heart.

Kamloops in the central desert area of BC
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh Bev you are such a NORMAL Christian sweetie!!! Why do you think Jesus died for our sins? If we could live perfect after getting saved, He wouldn't have had to, we could do it on our own.

we can't

He expected we would fail regularly and reassured us that nothing would separate us from His love.

It's in romans somewhere, ch 8 I think about nothing nothing ever separating us from His love and that includes our failures.

We don't quit sinning, sometimes we extinguish one habit only to find some other interior soul renovation project that the Father wants us to get busy on.

Oh and about extinguishing habits, it's like killing a big ugly bug, it's got more lives, and wiggles back to life more times!!!!

I figure the way God sees it, we need the practice. OK terrible joke, but really and truly the more times we pick back up and accept His Grace, the better we get at it, till finally one day that big old nasty habit is done for

and we end up with big old spiritual muscles in it's place.

ahem, thats' when the Holy Spirit often brings a new "renovation and repair" project to our attention.

LOL it's a lot like cleaning up the mildew behind our tub today. Clean a bit and WHHHHOOOO WEEE suddenly another problem surfaces.

We will get there yet, and my what a lot we learn about the mildew of the soul in the middle.

keeps us compassionate, and maybe a bit more tender and grace filled towards each other, and easy for God to work with us.

Remember the two guys praying? Jesus said there was this Pharisee who basically stood around telling God how good he was

then there was this tax collecter sinner who stood a far ways off crying his heart out to God.

Jesus said the second guy, the sinner who was humble and cried out to God got forgiven!

So it's the same for you and me

LOVE AND HUGS SWEETIE!!!

Master Dollar Stretcher aka LaciBob lucy979's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I agree. Don't give up yet Bev.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry about the quarrel with your son.

Pay no mind to those 4 ciggys, just hop back on the I can quit band wagon. Go ahead...boosting you up...yep you can

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Big hugs Bev,

Life is just a series of tests.....we don't pass em all flying colors, and sometimes it feels like we'll never pass another one. Tomorrow is indeed a new day and you are loved. Grab those boot straps, get your chin up and run after that wagon!!! (ok, if you don't ever speak to me again after all that, I'd completely understand.....but really dear one I do love ya )

~48 yr. old sahw, livin' it up in our empty nest, smack dab in the middle of everywhere.~

*We're debt freeeeeeeee! (including the house)*

Registered User duckduckgoose007's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hang in there, Bev. Better days are ahead. There is nothing to say you can't get right on the wagon again. Kiddo, we learn as we go through this life of ours.

Sorry about Oliver. I have been where you are. Keep a stiff upper lip. This too will pass.

Thinking of you & here is some for you & yours.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Originally posted by BushBrigade

Babysteps sweetie.....
    and I'm sorry you had a fight with your son. It's not always easy, hun, Bev?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast