Upromise?

Thread: Upromise?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Upromise?

Does anyone participate in this program? Any pro's/con's to it? I'd like to sign up and have the $ go into an account for my 8 year old niece. Just wondering what you all think of the program.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm not fimular with this Gina. Can you tell us more?

Susie in MN

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

All I know is that certain companies give you a % of money back when you buy their products. It can go into a fund for a childs college education. I'm not sure how you get the money, or if it has to be for your child, since I don't have kids, I'd like to help out my niece--since she's 8, I figure it would give her a good amount of $$ for college. I have to do more reasearch!

Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob baronmom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I do it. I only have my cvs card and grocery store cards on file. There are not really any cons as far as I know. The only thing that I can think of would be that it takes such a long time to get any type of decent balance. The pros would have to be it is free money. I don't do anything special, and the money goes to my boys. There are many ways to add to your account, I just choose to only use the two that I have listed. You can also get other family members to do the same. If you go to www.upromise.com you can find out any details.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks Traci! No one I know participates in the program, so I was kind of leary about it. But, since you do it, I'll be signing up this weekend--every little bit will help.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I joined it a few years ago after my sil joined it. We don't have any kids yet so I had it going to my niece & half to any future child I may have. Its pretty good. It's also pretty secure. For instance I entered in all of DH's credit cards under my account and he got a seperate letter for each card saying it had been entered on the site and a number to call and have it removed if it shouldn't be there.

I have all my grocery store cards and cvs card on there (eventhough I've never really used the CVS one).

You can save for anyone you choose. if you go to the site http://www.upromise.com/ you can view the different companies that participate. The only downfall is you either have to shop at a participating store or pay with a credit/debit card that you entered on the site. If you pay with cash at most places the only why you can get the % back is if you shop at a participating store and buy the participating items (coke products, Keebler, have AOL etc.)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

http://www.upromise.com/nspage?su=8277&cx=l1

this will take you to the page where you can put in your zip and see what stores you can shop at and use their discount cards and it shows you what brand names partcipate as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've been a member for a while and highly recommend it. I do a lot of online shopping, and before I buy, I check their site to see if I can get any money back for shopping there.

My dh also has his gas CC registered there too. He drives 80 miles a day for work, so he fills up a lot, and every time he does, we get money for the kids in our Upromise account.

You can invest the money in a 529 plan, and I just recently found out that you can request a check too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have an account with them. I don't go out of my way to purchase participating products (since they're the name brand, higher priced things). So after a couple years, my balance is really low. But yes, you can sign up to save for other family members (not just your own kids).

And if you have a debit card, you have to use it as a credit card, which i always forget to do.

Master Dollar Stretcher dz_blonde_girl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Originally posted by Michelle
    My dh also has his gas CC registered there too. He drives 80 miles a day for work, so he fills up a lot, and every time he does, we get money for the kids in our Upromise account.
    I don't understand this part.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

All done, I just registered with upromise, I also linked my mother to my account, that way we both can save for my niece. I'll just have to remember to use my debit card as a charge--I hardly ever do that. Thanks for all the info!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

All my grocery cards and my one credit/debit card are registered so I use it when I shop. I love it, it may only be small amounts at a time, but over the years it adds up and they have an option to open upa special account that draws interest too. They also sent me some coupons recently to use on items that are upromise items.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Originally posted by Michelle

Originally posted by dz_blonde_girl
    I don't understand this part.

Some gas stations are linked to it (upromise) and depending on what grade you use you get so like 2 cents a gallon.

Here is a link to all the places that participate the gas stations are at the bottom:

http://www.upromise.com/nspage?su=8210&cx=l1

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just looked at the link for the exxon/mobile gas, the 2 cents is just for may after that it will be back to 1 cent per gallon