What is the weirdest thing you have ever done?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question What is the weirdest thing you have ever done?

I didn't think this was weird at the time and frankly still don't. lol

When my sister's kids were little Jack and I took the 3 oldest to Hershey Park. Now not having kids of my own I was terrified of losing hers so I made us all matching outfits to wear in the park. My reasoning was if any of them wandered off and got lost they didn't have to remember our names etc... just say they (Jack and I) were dressed just like me! lol

I found this really wild, bright cotton print and made shorts for the kids and paired it up with neon green t-shirts I made. The leftovers I made an outfit for myself and a shirt for Jack. The people in the park thought this was such a good idea, they took our picture for free! I still have this little key chain with the picture in it.

I can't tell you how many times that day we were stopped by strangers that thought this was so cool.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'll have to give this some thought. I am sure there are plenty things...lol
    ~~ Missy ~~

Planting and raising an urban homestead in the middle of Downtown big city right at the foot of the Rocky Mountains!

Zone 5 Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Just for fun, one Halloween- I talked some of my friends into helping me put the dean's (of a rival college) Volkswagon Beetle in the library. We took the doors off the hinges-- picked up the car and took it in the library, then replaced the doors. One of my friends (who attended that college) finally owned up to 3 days later, when they couldn't figure out how to get the car OUT!

That was nearly 25 years ago, and I found out this year-- it's still talked about at that college (one of the girls from our church now attends college there).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Me, I've nevr done a weird thing in my life. Although Joe thought it was pretty funny the time we were out to eat with my mom and step-dad and Dale Jarrett and his wife and kids were there and I took Joe over to meet him. Eventhough I already knew him I still went to the waitress we knew got a sheet of her order paid and walked over with it. I didn't have to say anything. My mom and stepdad and Dale laughed but all he said was "Do you want my autograph?" and of course I said yes. Now if I could just remember where it got to

Master Dollar Stretcher
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

One thing, just one thing???? Oh my goodness, I've done so many weird things in my life that my mind is just flooded with them at the moment. I'll have to think about the weirdest and get back to ya!

Master Dollar Stretcher
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well - Miss Dee - to be honest, when all of mine were little & I had my little brother along for the ride, I always dressed the boys alike & dressed the girls alike then even went so far as to make an index card with their height, weight, and clothing on it to keep on me at all times!! Better safe than on a milk carton....

My most bizarre thing ever ~ just happened this morning!

I thought I was having a heart attack, so I went to the hospital....now - if (at 35) that's not weird enough, the tech that I had made me feel about 4" high by the time it was over.....I'm alright and back at home now, but the moral of my story is this:

< ahem >
    <i>
    On a night that your estranged husband is leaving for the field and decides to order Chinese food for dinner for the kiddos, <big>DO NOT</big> take two Melatonin with dinner in hopes that you can sleep, since you'll be in the bed instead of the couch while he's gone...it shuts down your whole system & won't allow said Chinese food to digest thereby causing you to wake up, drugged, groggy, & in severe pain some 9 hours later with a whopper case of indigestion/heartburn inasmuch as feeling as though you're on your way outta here!</i>

Enjoy your day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'll have to think on this one, I'm weird most every day. Dee I think your idea was brillant and Debbie B. I hope you soon feel much better on all levels.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Alright I have one from a long time ago. I liked to torture my younger sister when I was a teen and she was afraid of everything. I loved the Star Trek, etc. type shows and had the kid believing I was an alien. First of all we lived with our grandparents and there was only one bathroom in the house and you had to walk thru the kitchen to get to it. My grandparents had gone to bed and I hid under the kitchen table waiting for my sis to have to go to the bathroom. When I heard her coming, I pretended to be calling my alien family from under the table in a weird voice of course (the house was dark and she couldn't see me). I can't remember my "alien" name now but needless to say, she completely freaked out and screamed and went nuts. I managed to sneak back to my bedroom before my grandmother got up and pretended that I was asleep. I told her I had no idea was sis was up to, she must have been dreaming. To this day, my sister still reminds me of this.

That plus I fed her mud cakes mixed with weeds on several occassions when we were really young. Had her convinced that if she didn't eat them she'd die.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pat you were BAD!!!

Debbie B, I'm glad it was only heartburn and you are feeling better now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Deb, glad you are ok, if feeling icky is ok....

Pat, OMGosh, lol

Which reminds me of a torture thing i did to my younger brother. We went out "fishing" one day. We lived in Germany at the time, and we were out in the country in a small rural town (began with a D, when we lived in Stuttgart...outskirts therof somewhere)Any how, they had an open sewer and we decided to practice casting. We thought if we could cast far enought to span the water (we were unaware the water wasn't JUST water...we were kids and didn't put two and two together with the odor) And after spanning the water if we could hook a leaf from the plants we would of course be master casters (yeah right, we never casted even half way across the water) Well, I lost my hook and could see it just at the edge of the bank. The water level was low and was al least a 5 ft drop from the edge we were standing on. So I got my brother to go down there to get the hook. And then our friend and I couldn't get him back up...he was sinking in the muck.So in a last choice (we tried everything we as kids could think of...up to and including taking all our shoelaces and attempting to create a rope to pull him out with ) I had to go get Mom. Mom came and pulled him out and we were grounded...until brother told mom who's bright idea it was while hosing him off. Then He was pardoned and I got the full sentence, lol.

And the best part...I got in more trouble because the hook wasn't even a hook. I had taken safety pins from mom's sewing kit to do this.
    ~~ Missy ~~

Planting and raising an urban homestead in the middle of Downtown big city right at the foot of the Rocky Mountains!

Zone 5 Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Missy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

eeeewww Missy! LOL Poor brother.

Deb I am so glad you are ok.

Pat, that took some creative thinking lol

Trying to think of the wierdest thing I have done.....I do mostly stupid stuff.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I convinced my kids that DH (Ray) is part of triplets -- Ray, Fay, and Jay.

Of course, Ray, Fay, and Jay got in all kinds of trouble as kids. For example, they gave the barber a haircut; they stole a hot air balloon at the Albuquerque Balloon Festival; they spent the night in the graveyard; etc.

The kids half-believe they have an Uncle Jay and Aunt Fay. Even though I killed them off in a helicoptor crash in 1989.

Master Dollar Stretcher aka LaciBob lucy979's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Boy, after reading your stories, I'm so glad I am an only child!! LOL

I can't think of anything weird that I have done, but that doesn't mean I haven't done them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't think that it's weird, but my family does! They think that it's weird of me to have moved so many times! I've lived in 4 differant states...I always said that I did this, because I could!

Susie in MN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast