Anyone have a camper/rv?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question Anyone have a camper/rv?

I wasn't sure where to post this.

Just wondering if anyone had a camper or rv? Steve has wanted to go camping for ages. I will not sleep in a tent.....My idea of roughing it is the motel 6.
    So,he says If we bought a camper,would I stay in that.So I said sure.We've been looking for over a week and have found one HE likes. I like it ok...It's already set up,so we won't be moving it.It's on the water and has a large deck built on. The only thing is,where it sits....It MAY flood. It flooded last year(first time in like 9 yrs) there and the camper had to be pulled out,then put back after the water went down. Alabama Power has said they have fixed the problem (Alabama and Georgia have built a dam to take the extra water so this campground and others around here wouldn't flood anymore) But...you never know about Mother nature...

I'm afraid we'll buy this and not use it much. it'll be great for the kids to spend weekends there and such.And of course for the entire family to be together. There is no phone (I'll take my cell in case of emergencies) and no cable tv.Ashley will be so upset lol

I'm so undecided. I guess I'm to frugal to spend the money.I can think of 100 things to do with that money other than buying a camper. Plus,I'm worried about the flooding. I mean,we'll go and pull the camper out,but still...what if it's 3 am and noone is expecting it to flood....

btw..the camper is $6800 (1991 model) Steve said the decking is worth at least $1,000 or more.
    There's another camper thats bigger,newer(1999),and nicer but it's $13,500 (we may can talk him down some) We could pick our own lot.One is right next to the other camper (would still have to be moved if flooded) and one is up higher but with no decking.
    Steve wants to be right on the water. I don't want the camper to flood or have to worry about it flooding.

Comments?

Master Dollar Stretcher aka JuliaBob Julia Kimber's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have a small caravan (You in the US would call it a trailer I think) it is on a well maintained site not far from the ocean. It is about 30 years old but we've made it really good inside. We do have a solid annexe attached to it now which is new, although at first it just had a vinyl one. We love to get away from it all for a weekend or longer if possible. We wouldn't be without it!
    Hope you can sort something out regarding the flooding etc Tammy.
    Julia

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We used to have a trailer on the Rio Grande River in Mexico - We would go there at least once a month from San Diego. It was south of Mexicali about an hour - and a total of 3 hrs drive time. My DH hunted , we all fished, water skiied and the kids could ride their quads - without all the crowds. If it had been closer we would have used it even more. We had a great time for the 15 or so years we used it. After we've retired to Nevada, we now camp out at Lake Mead instead - but we boat camp. I would highly recommend it - it makes for cheap vacations when you average it out over years.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have an RV. It is not on a fixed lot, we camp at several different places during the year. It is so fun to go and just get away for a weekend or even longer. I think you would love it once you get it personalized with your own belonging (especially your own linens and pots and pans).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sounds like a nice place to escape to. Is the lot something you rent or own?
    Follow me on Twitter!

Follow me on:
    Pinterest

A monumental event can happen any day." --Peale
    "Leap and the net will appear. --John Burroughs

Would the child you once were be inspired by the adult you've become?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We used to have a fixed one.
    We now have a small motorhome and I love it !

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You will have so much fun. We just bought a jay flight in March.
    I wasn't so sure about it until we went camping for the first time.
    We has so much fun and its so relaxing to get away for the weekend. I keep everything in the camper except for clothes and food. We also have a boat and love to fish. We don't have ours at one site though. We live in Ky about an hour from the lake so we just pull it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We should be owners come Monday or so. The lady has to clean it out and then we'll take over
    The lot will not be ours..we'll pay rent.
    We rode back by there yesterday to make sure this is what we want.Or what I want lol..as long as Steve is near water he's a happy camper!
    I think I'll like it once I make it mine. I may be coming home every night with Jayme for awhile. But thats ok..I'll enjoy the days at the lake and the nights in my own bed

Steve also wants a boat

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We got the camper yesterday. I have to go today and clean it up a bit. One task is defrosting the fridge ...sure wish the previous owner had done that

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'd hold out & look at ones advertised by owner. Talking to my sis today & yesterday they bought a really nice pop-up with bump out for $5000.
    I wouldn't want to be at the mercy of a chance of flooding. I'd want something that I could move. Think of all the places you could travel & enjoy together!
    Good luck!