Frugal Village Forums banner

Are you a country girl...or city girl...at heart?

4K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  baronmom 
#1 ·
Country! But not boonies (like I live now - dh's likes the boonies). I would love to live in one of the really small towns around here (pop about 1000), I would probably never need to leave..my own little Mayberry RFD.

I'll NEVER live in the city again. The other day...I ended up in a long line...and even THAT made me wanna say: Hey. Can't a girl have a little space around here?? LOL!

How about you? City Slicker..or Country Bumpkin??

#2 ·
At heart COUNTRY!

But I have always lived in the suburbs.

When there was the Y2K scare I was thinking what would we do IF all was true about what might happen and I realized I know how to do a lot with out electricity.

I would love to live on a hobby farm! Grow a bigger garden and have a few eating animals(chickens, maybe a cow) But unless I winn the lottery it is not happening soon.

#3 ·
Well, I'm a suburb kind of girl. Can't stand the big city but like to be close enough to grocery stores and doctors offices and such. Dh wants to move to the country and I guess someday we'll give it a try. Just this morning when I wanted to get my newspaper from my driveway I was thinking how nice it would be to live out in the country and just go out and get the paper in my jammies without any witnesses. As it is, a preacher lives across the street and I don't want him to be scandalized so I get fully dressed before I go outside. :bow:

#4 ·
Country, country, country!!!:D
I hate where we live now, way to many people!!! We would love to just pack up and move!!!! I would love to live where there is space between me and my neighbors house!! We want our own little ranch with lots of room to play!!!

#5 ·
I live in one of those small towns, PumpkinNoodlie. There are about 1500 people here. We love it here. Town is about 12 miles away, city is about 40. One of these days we'd love to move further out, but I think our time has passed. Property prices have gone sky high and I think what we 'want' is probably out of our reach. So we'll stay put here for a while.

#6 ·
I have always lived in the city or not too far away from it. I always wanted a place with a little land and some privacy. It's funny that so many of my friends and family have bought places with land lately. We just got our house paid off so, I think I'll be stuck here.

#7 ·
ilovesewing...your town sounds soo charming! I would love that. We're an hour away from even a small town! (think deep rural Montana, or something).

It's funny. The first year we moved here...I needed to run to the post office to mail my taxes certified. It was April 15th! So I told dh..well....the lines out the door, I'm sure, so I'll probably be a while.

I walk up...and NOONE is in there except the clerk! I couldn't believe it! I said: this is the Post Office, right? She says: you betcha...come on in! Want some coffee?

I thought I would pass out LOL!

#8 ·
Country girl at heart, but I too, have always lived in the suburbs. I definitely couldn't live in the city--it's too stressful to even consider :laugh: I am probably one of the few people that has no desire to ever go to New York City :eek:

#11 ·
I am definitely a country girl. I love it. I have always lived in the country. It is just so simple compared to the city life. I live in a town that is very small. I know that there isn't any more than 1000 people here, but not quite sure of the population.

#13 ·
Country girl here also. I live in a tiny farming town of about 625 counting cats, dogs and squirrels. I love it!!! I can walk to everything in town (we're small, I told you) and for the most part, everyone is pretty friendly.:)

#17 ·
I am a country girl. I was born and raised in small town usa. I would never live in the city, but I would not like to live in the boonies either. I live about 6 miles from a kmart, and about 8 from home depot. Anything further out and I don't think that I would like it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.