Ivan showing himself here
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thumbs down Ivan showing himself here

We are getting the rain from mean old hurricane Ivan today and it's a doozy. I realize that it's nothing compared to those actually hit by the hurricane but it's still unnerving. Several schools here were closed today in anticipation, but not dd's. She has probably spent most of her school day sitting in the hall in the tornado position. Today was the first time I've ever heard the tornado sirens actually go off and it's scary. There were several tornados that touched down nearby but none actually in my little town or in the town that dd is in school. I'm not sure of the damage done yet, at my office it's only a few tree limbs down. But man the rain has been unreal. Our area is just full of creeks and rivers and they are calling for flash flooding if the rain keeps up. Mel took dd to school and will be picking her up today. I'm just a chicken and don't won't to drive in this mess any more than is necessary to get me home. Besides I take and pick her up 4 days a week, he should do it 1 day (especially since he's off on Fridays).

Okay I've complained enough. I'm still thinking of all the villagers that have suffered thru these recent hurricanes and sending prayers and hugs your way.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ivan has passed by East Tennessee also lots of rain , and no school today...niceday

Master Dollar Stretcher
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pat Is there any way that Mel can just go and pick her up early since they are expecting flooding?
    Carolyn~praying for your safety also and that the winds and rain let up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's hitting here as well. It stormed all night, has rained all day and they are expecting flooding again in the areas here that got hit by Frances. I just hope everyone stays safe!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

At last count, we had 3 tornados to touch down within 30 minutes of our house. We all made it home fine though without any incidents. Looks like Ivan's rain is moving on past us and aiming toward the east coast. I just heard that Jeanne is down to a tropical depression - let's hope she just goes away completely. There were supposed to be plenty of festivals around here this weekend, but all have postponed until we can get some better weather. Stay safe everyone.

KimBob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

(((((HUGS))))) All these hurricanes are making a mess of the entire eastern U.S.!

Our local news said Jeanne will be strengthening again once it gets over water again and they show it stalling off the east FL coast on Monday and then turning in toward FL and making landfall as a cat 1 about 2 or 3 counties above me. *sigh* The Weather Channel is still showing it hitting around Savannah, GA though (the last time I watched).