Frugal Village Forums banner

Trying to Quit Avon...has anyone here quit recently?

7K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  milach 
#1 ·
I am having the worst time figuring out how to quit. I have never spoken to my DM. She was appointed a few months after I joined, and Avon Corp. sent a letter introducing her (which I lost), and I have yet to hear from her personally. So...I'm stuck.

I paid my balance off, and stopped submitting orders. I would leave it at that, but they have my bank info for Quikpay, and I have a website with them.

Does anyone know what the standard procedure is with this? I tried calling the customer service line 1-513-xxx-xxxx, but I waited on hold for 10 min before getting angry for having to pay long distance to call and then wait for so long.

I posted on several Avon Yahoo groups too, but it seems no one wants to help since I am leaving the business.

Anyone? Please? LOL

Chelle :)

#2 ·
Can't you just call the bank and have the Quick pay authorization stopped? I know you can do that with a bank draft.....just a suggestion. I've never done Avon so I can't really be of much help but if you un-authorize them they can't draw on your acct., or so I would think....JMHO. ;)

#3 ·
Prairierose, you have to be careful with that. I tried that with Gold's Gym to cancel my membership. Their cancellation policy was that in order to cancel, I had to send a certified letter with my final payment and cancellation fee. Instead, I went to the bank and cancelled their butt from drawing out of my checking acct. A few months later, I got notices from collection agencies saying I owed them $300 something dollars. I called Gold's SCREAMING and they not only charged me for the couple months they couldn't get into my account, but also $30 bounced check charges for each time they tried to draw the fees out of my account. After screaming loud enough, I convinced them I should only pay them for the 2 months dues they couldn't collect and the cancellation fee. After I paid them off, I still received collection letters. It was such a hassel.

Laura

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.