Why am I so grumpy and mad all the time??
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Unhappy Why am I so grumpy and mad all the time??

I was thinking it was PMS, but that should be over now as AF arrived on Friday. I have no patience for my kids, I feel like I'm PMSing on overdrive. I get furious at the littlest things--it just feels like PMS magnified 1000x. I thought I just needed a weekend away, but now I'm back from that weekend, and it wasn't enough. Usually I come back energized and ready to tackle anything, but this time I wanted to come home to see my kids but didn't want to come back for anything else.

Anyone else get like this? What do you do about it? I hate feeling this way...

Chelle
    *~*Michelle*~*

"You can't have your best health without exercise. It's just not possible" ~ Leslie Sansone, WATP

Follow us on Twitter!

Become a Fan of Frugal Village on Facebook!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So now I know I am NOT alone!!!!!!!
    I get this way the week before AF (which will be next week) but here lately it's dragging into 2 or 3 weeks of every month! LOL
    I hate feeling this way to and not having any patience with the kids or dh,but I have no idea how to make it go away!!
    Some people says it's just the way I'm suppose to be because I have red hair,but I think thats bull crap.
    I have days where noone around me can do right no matter how they try....and sometimes I just have those "I got the blues" (and no I don't mean I want mac n cheese heehee)And then there's days when I could care less if the kids are hanging from the ceiling or playing in the road (Not really but you know what I mean lol)
    Maybe it comes with age?!?!!? I'll be 30 in Oct,so maybe deep down I feel like I'm getting old,even though I could care less if I turn 30 or not LOL

Hopefully there's a legit answer to what we feel and we are NOT crazy and everyone goes through this sometime or another in their life .......Crossing my fingers!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh...I see you had your weekeend off.

Maybe you needed a longer vacation? I feel like that sometmes, when I haven`t had a long break in a long time. I also feel like that when I lack of sleep, of fun, of food, or when I decieved of something...etc...the list could go on(LOL!)

How old are kids again? Children are very energy taking. Maybe there`s some little thing in your life that bothers you but you don`t see it yet? I`ve just realized some important things these days. I NEED TO SLOW DOWN IN LIFE. What about you, Chelle?

Well, hope my little words of wisdom help you a bit...

By the way, did you get my PM, today? I hope that I didn`t get you more down with that? I won`t be mad if you don`t agree with me. I`ll still be happy to share with you!

Take SPECIAL CARE OF YOU, Chelle...

Bye!Bye!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi chelle, I can only tell you that from my own experience my anger was caused by depression. I could not figure out why I would fly into a rage at the smallest stupid things. I am now on an antidepressant and my moods have levelled out. I very rarely get that intense anger anymore. PMS is much less now too.
    I hope you feel better soon. {{{hugs}}}

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thank you all for your replies. I think it's a combination of all that you have mentioned. I've been off my Zoloft for a couple of months now, and I am going to see my new doctor soon to get back on them. I see quite a difference in my depression when on them.

I definitely think I need a longer break. In addition to the dullness of my everyday SAHM life, I've had a lot of stress in my life lately. Not huge issues like some people have so sometimes I think that they really aren't to blame at all. For example, my best friend and I fought 3 mos ago, and even though I tried to make amends, she hasn't returned my emails or phone calls. She is also the Godmother of both my girls (ages 5-next week and 2 1/2 this month)...and also my dh's cousin, so there is always the discomfort of seeing her at family functions.

In addition to that, my bil is getting married, and I wasn't asked to be in the wedding. We are very close (or so I thought), and that has hurt me a lot too. Also, my girls were originally asked to be flower girls, and then the couple changed their minds and decided that they didn't want them involved, and that hurt my girls' feelings, so that upset me too. My bil is getting a free ride with this wedding...dh and I paid for our own. My bil's fiancee's parents paid for their rings (engagement included), engagement party, bridal shower, wedding ceremony and reception, and their honey moon. They'll be able to afford a house when they get back from their honeymoon...did I mention that the wedding is costing $25K?? I am jealous of the attention and handouts that they are getting.

My dh is the best man, and the outfit he is required to buy is costing around $400--the pants are $100 (yes, $100!!), and he still needs to buy a navy blazer and shoes. I've found the same material and color pants for only $38, but I can't convince my dh to buy them (in his defense, he really just wants to be sure to get the right ones this time because we've already bought the wrong ones because of lack of communication on my bil's part).

Lucie, I did get your PM, and I haven't replied yet because I've been so grumpy! I'll get back to you soon, and I will have a letter in the mail to you by the end of the week

Sorry for writing such a long book, and thanks for reading this far!

Chelle
    *~*Michelle*~*

"You can't have your best health without exercise. It's just not possible" ~ Leslie Sansone, WATP

Follow us on Twitter!

Become a Fan of Frugal Village on Facebook!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've been the same way, but I figured it was the stress of moving (I've had to do 85% of it by myself ...damned lazy dh! ).

We're still not all settled in and straightened out, and hopefully when we are, I'll be less grumpy.

Try St. John's Wort, chelle. It helps me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Chelle...Looks like you`ve got some of your answers on why you don`t feel too good today. I would feel the same stress and hurt as you, considering what you told us.

Gina`s right, Chelle. I heard about that. Some friends of mine take that instead of antidepressants and it helps. I`m going to try it.

Thanks Gina! You reminded me about it, now that you mention it. I`m always forgetting to go buy some. I know it would help me.

And thanks Chelle. I can`t wait to recieve your letter!

Now, TRY to take special care of your needs and yourself.

Hope you will feel better soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs))))))))) chelle. Hope you're feeling better soon

FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob Jerseygirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have also been in what dh likes to psycho bitch mode. It tends to even out the week after my period, I am a bit more like a normal human being then. Other weeks I snap at the slightest thing, tears etc. I have had better luck with St Johns wart than with antidepressents. It was a much less artificial feel. Do keep in mind all of the things that are putting pressure on you--you are raising your kids in a very crazy world, doing twice as much as other woman to watch your finances etc. If your like me, you can never turn that little voice off-the one that reminds you of what needs to be done, when that coupon is going to expire etc. That green eyed monster of jealosy sucks too. I hate the fact that dh's ex lives rent free in a house worth twice ours, drives a brand new car and gets free babysitting from the state on the weekends that we don't have him, yet she still takes $1200 a month from us--can you smell the bitterness? but I learned quickly that if I let that ruin my life or take my time dwelling on it, then she is again winning. It's similiar to your family issue-don't give them power to upset you-the power is yours to give or not. Good luck and do take care of you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

((((Chelle)))))

Sorry to hear you feel so bad!
    I think the things you are dealing with, with your friends and family are justifiably making you feel the way you do..I would be feeling the same as you if that was going on with me as well.

I have also been like that lately(grumpy and just rotten and miserable)..and what finally got me out of that rut, was we had a bar b que at our house with close friends and family..and we played Pictionary and other games..and we just had such a blast I completely forgot about all the problems that were getting me down..I laughed for so long that it was truely theraputic.

Second being that we had company it motivated me to really clean up ..and I cooked up a storm and even though we don't have a dishwasher, I had everything washed that night, and this morning my living room and even table and desktop were spotless! As well as the floors in my bedroom...(i guess if your natually a clean person that wouldn't make a difference in your mood huh)

So those two things combined really got me in a natural high..

Oh and I've been exercising more too. That has also got to be helping..I got those (endorphines?) and it just felt awesome.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I know you got tons of advice but I thought that I would add one more thing. Food allergies can cause bursts of anger, depression, and all sorts of things. Most ppl have 3 allergins, things that you usually eat a lot of. We tend to crave the things we are allergic to. It does wonders for me when I eliminate mine. Just a thought for you. =}

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Angry I know that my BirthControl Shot that I just had the last Shot of for good cause alot

I know that my BirthControl Shot that I just had the last Shot of for good cause alot of Terrible Mood Swings in me!!
    I know that the Depo Shot is not good for me for more than just the Terrible Mood Swings!!
    I feel really bad for my Family when I go through the Terrible Mood Swings !! I even had one of the Terrible Mood Swings this Morning!!