Move is done!!

Thread: Move is done!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile Move is done!!

We just moved to New Brunswick from Manitoba, and I have to say, I'm glad it's over!! The packing and loading up in Manitoba went OK, but once we got here, it was a nightmare!!
    My DH is in the army, so we moved into military housing. We arrived in New Brunswick on the 19th of May, but we knew our house wouldn't be available to us until the 24th. The day we arrived, we called the base to let them know we were here, and that they could inform our truck driver that we would be at the house on the 24th, and he could unload our moving truck. Unfortunately, it seems that nobody on base was working that day, and on the 24th, when we were expecting our stuff, we found out that the truck driver had to be somewhere else, and had put everything in a storage facility 2 hours away, the same day we had arrived. It took them 2 more days to get it back to us, and we were finally able to move into the house on May 27th.
    Now that we're here, and reasonably settled in, I think I'm going to like it here. It's totally different from Manitoba, but in a good way, mostly. There are so many things to do within a couple hours drive!
    The best thing about the move of course, is the fact that it was entirely paid for by the military! Since we had to drive down here, we decided to make it a vacation. We went to see Niagara Falls (beautiful), went to the top of the CN Tower in Toronto, and also the Hockey Hall of Fame where DH & the kids had their picture taken with the Stanley Cup, and did a tour of the Parliament Buildings in Ottawa. Basically, all we paid for was our admission fees to the different places, and shopping. It was a lot of fun, and something we probably wouldn't have done on our own.
    I was glad when DH hooked up our computer--judging by the prices here, I'll definitely need to pay attention to all the money-saving advice here!!
    ~Tracy~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tracy, I'm so glad you are going to like your new home! Sorry you had to go through all that trouble!

I used to live in Buffalo, 45 minutes from Niagara Falls, on the US side. The Canadian side is so much prettier! We used to visit Toronto a lot as well, but I havn't been in about five years.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Woohoo, Tracy is in her new home! Glad you like it there.