What are you doing to Simplify your life?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default What are you doing to Simplify your life?

I like to be organized and I am a bit fussy about my ironing

But, I do seem to spend an inordinate amount of time ironing for a household of two ( me & DH)

So the other day I moved out of my comfort zone and put clean but NOT IRONED sheets back on the bed I waited for the inevitalble desire to pull'em back off and iron them or the sky to fall in and guess what? NOTHING happened!!

So I guess I have just helped my self save a little time and decided not to let my desire for Domestic perfection drag me around by the nose

I am working on ways to cut down on the total number of products in the house too and have been experimenting( again ...with various products to get them to do Double Duty, still working on them a bit but will soon have it down to a handful of products for the household cleaning and will have reduced to a minimum personal care products without ANY loss of personal hygiene!!!

This will create more space, there will be less clutter and of course the best bit, it saves money too

What if anything are you working on right now to create a more harmonious life for yourself?

Karen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh Karen! Ironing the sheets?

We are getting rid of all the junk, stuff and other things we have accumulated that we no longer use or want. The stuff we are keeping we use and wear regularly, with the exception of a few pieces of art, fabric and other important items that we will use or display again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Paying bills online.

Reducing the USPS mail that we receive. Statements etc.

I have opted-out on receiving pre-approved Credit cards, thus, relieving some anxiety I have regarding Identity thief.

I also called and had our phone number put on the do not call list.

I have only the minimal amount of furniture and items on them, this makes cleaning easier.

I receive only one magazine, and will not sign up when the subscription runs out. I had a lot of guilt when magazines arrived and I didn't have time to read them.

We only have two personal cleaning products in the shower. It would be only one, however I don't like using Dr. Bronners to shampoo my hair

DH and I have reduced the clothes in our wardrobe.

Don't watch TV.

DH and I have comforters from Germany, so making the bed is real easy.

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob AmyMCGS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm currently in the process of decluttering my kitchen cabinets. We haven't been here a year yet, and already several of the cabinets were full of.... stuff. So, I've been on a mission this last week or so to declutter all of them.

I've also been working on decluttering the house in general-- I'm tired of cleaning stuff that we don't need. If I have fifteen clean t-shirts, I wear them all. If I only have eight, that's less laundry to mess with, and less space taken up in my closet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am trying to declutter. I have packed away several boxes of decorative items. I could not make myself part with them as yet but I figure if I dont miss them in 6 months, out they go!

Also am trying to clean closets and kitchen units. We have way too much stuff!!
    And am trying to NOT buy any more books, magazines, body products and lotions or craft supplies until I use up what I have. I will probably be dead and in heaven before I read all the books I own! LOL
    Barb
    July 2014 Goals
    Grocery challenge 500.00/0
    Menu planning - 5/1
    Christmas 2014 50/0
    Swim with Dolphin Fund 100/00
    Bedroom carpet and redecorate fund 100/00

Time Goals
    Exercise 3x per week - walk/bike/boflex/dvd/yoga class 15/1

Health Goals
    Drink 32 ounce water or herbal tea daily 31 days/3
    Sleep - retire no later than 11 in bed as opposed to on chair

UFO July - Hem Maddies dress/weed flower beds again

Every little tiny bit helps to get rid of that debt

Success is not determined by how smart we are, It is determined by the decisions we make

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Originally posted by waterlover
    I have opted-out on receiving pre-approved Credit cards, thus, relieving some anxiety I have regarding Identity thief.

I
    How did you do this???

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've decluttered most of the house now. I still have a closet that needs some special attention but that waits on another project I have on the horizon. Anyway, getting rid of so much stuff has made my cleaning day(s) a breeze. I feel as if I've lifted the weight of the world off my own shoulders!

And Um, Karen.....I'm happy to hear that you're not ironing those sheets anymore.

~48 yr. old sahw, livin' it up in our empty nest, smack dab in the middle of everywhere.~

*We're debt freeeeeeeee! (including the house)*

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My life simplified a great deal as soon as I got rid of my mobile phone. We don't have a landline either so very few interruptions these days. Bliss.

My mum bought us some CK one so DH and I can both wear the same smell - we never clash! We also use the same toner and moisturiser. We have the same unscented deoderant.

I have microfibre cloths so I don't need window cleaning stuff, furniture polish etc.

I obtained another spray bottle so I can have a vinegar mixture for cleaning upstairs as well as down. Same with dustpan and brush.

Dh and I each have a capsule wardrobe so we always have something to wear, not messing about trying to find an outfit.

I developed my great colour coded menu plan we know what type of meal we're having each day then I just have to choose a meal from whichever section.

I NEVER iron.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

How did you do this???
    Companies use information in your credit report to see if you meet their creditworthiness and if you do they send you preapproved applications. You can stop this by notifing all three credit reporting agencies by calling 1-888-567-8688 to opt-Out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The meaning of simplifying my life means decluterring my possessions,"Stuff". But it also means decluttering my personal/professional relationships in life. This can include changing jobs. Breaking off relationships that are sucking the energy out of me. And picking my fights, deciding what I'm going to let go and what I'll fight for. Some things just aren't worth fighting for.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am taking one small area each day and tackling it. Getting rid og the excess and the clutter. I have also reduced my commitments and am not accepting any new ones until I am done with what I am working on.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I thought of one more: Decluttering CD's. My DH and I are downloading our CD's onto our computer and I'm slowly selling the CD's on ebay. We're planning on getting an iPod and listening to the downloaded music through our stereo system. No more CD's. If we ever do need or want to have access to the music on a CD format we can burn a CD.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Question

Dh and I each have a capsule wardrobe so we always have something to wear, not messing about trying to find an outfit.

I developed my great colour coded menu plan we know what type of meal we're having each day then I just have to choose a meal from whichever section.

What is a Capsule wardrobe?

I would love to know the details of the colour coded menu plan

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

To simplify my life, I went on a decluttering kick. I realized it is really an ongoing cycle that never ends. Everytime something new comes into the house, something old must go out.

I am working on organizing items, files, paperwork, etc. so that I have easier access and am able to locate items when I need them. I accidentally tossed something a few months ago that was important.

bg
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am on the phone with a company (Athleta) that keeps sending me catalogs. So far I've called LL Bean, West Elm, and Boden and since my call to remove me from the mailing list I have not received any more catalogs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast