Frugal Village Forums banner

Who makes the lunches?

Tags
lunches makes
2K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  bamamomto4 
#1 ·
After chatting with a few online friends,I find I'm the only one that makes my dh's lunch.

Who else makes their dh or so's lunches?

#4 ·
I get up every morning at 5am to make dh's breakfast, lunch, and coffee to take with him.
Among my friends, I also find that I am the oddity. I don't know, I enjoy those few minutes alone with dh in the mornings :)

#7 ·
I think it's just a nice thing to do. Used to make everyones lunch for school or work and will again when Mark comes home on breaks and in the summer when he works. Jack doesn't take a lunch anymore but I used to pack them. :)
Love surprising them with notes or cartoons etc.

#8 ·
DH is out with a broken knee at the moment so I go home to meet him for lunch. Our lunches are usually from dinner the night before so I make them as I'm putting dinner away (that hasn't changed, we have always done that). I make coffee in the morning and set up DH with a thermos and mug in the computer room (he can't carry or do anything with crutches).

#9 ·
I used to make upwards of at least 6-7 lunches every morning.

One for Jim & the rest for all the Kids.

I let the Kids buy lunch once a week at school; they usually picked a friday, as that was Pizza Day!

Boy, I must say I don't miss that job.

It was more of "what do I make today" rather than the actual work envolved. :D

I just got to tell you all a funny story...not about lunches!

One day, long ago, it was about 2pm & I actually had a little bit of extra time....so I set the table for supper.

About 15 min. later, my friend stopped by for coffee & wanted to know if we were having company? I said no...why???

She said well the table is all fancy! No I said it is just for supper.

She said "You do this every day???" Yes, I said...don't you set the table?? NOOOO not me, the food is on the stove & everyone knows where the plates & silverware are...why would I do that??

Different Strokes for Different Folks :toothy:

#12 ·
I make dh's sandwich for him the night before and leave it on the top shelf of the fridge. If I don't make it, he most likely won't even eat and since he doesn't eat breakfast he would go all day without eating. He is a real miser with money and hates to buy his lunch. He does have a pepsi for breakfast.:cool:

#15 ·
Since my DH works nights (7pm to7am), I use to make him dinner for his lunch, but then when he came home at seven am, he did not have anything to eat... Now I try to have dinner for him when he comes home.. More or less, I would make him his lunch IF he would let me...:bang:

#16 ·
Darlene..I also think it's a nice thing todo. He works hard allday,the least I can do is make his lunch :)

Liz--I dont have a hard time figuring out what to make.He either eats turkey and mayo or PB&J LOL! I hate that thats all he ever wants and I feel guys at work might think he has to makes his own and thats why its the same ol same ol but thats what he likes ..sigh...

Katie is a picky eater so the days she doesnt eat at school she has peanut butter....JUST PB...no jelly..LOL She's easy to make for to...

#17 ·
forgot to add...we set the table everynight to....or almost everynight...only time we dont is when we have like hamburgers and everyone just make theirs on the counter.

#19 ·
DH doesn't eat lunch so I don't make it. I tried for a while to encourage him to eat and not graze from the time he gets home to the time he goes to bed - but he never ate it. I made DD#1's lunch until last week. She was taking her lunch and getting extras at school. Stuff was coming home uneaten. So I said no more making for me - eat at school!

#20 ·
Well, I'm pretty quiet around here, but I had to chime in on this one. I make Dh's lunch every day. And on Monday's I send home baked goodies to the office. There are 12 people (men) in his office and I am the ONLY wife who cooks, bakes, or anything??? Also, we always end up having all the office get togethers at our house. They all have nice executive type homes (upper management) but no one else has ever offered to do it. I just don't think they want to be bothered....Then everyone wonders why we can have extras and some nice things ...well, it's because we don't spend $40-50 a week on lunches out and all home food is made from scratch. These women went nuts because all my cookies were uniform looking...ummmm...can you say *cookie scoop*?!?!?! Geez..it's just not that tough! My neighbor (she's an attorney) actually said she makes too much money to cook!

I feel like a dinosaur sometimes....(I'm 47)

#21 ·
dh is a picky eater and i keep trying to get him to pack his lunch, but mostly to no avail. however he gets a limit of $25.00 to spend on his lunches per week and is pretty good at keeping to that limit. he finally got it through his head that his eating out all the time was breaking our budget and has cut back on what he spends. it helps that the guy he eats lunch with is an older guy that is a bit more frugal than dh. he gave dh the idea of setting a limit per week as to what to spend on lunch ( i told him before but it didn't sink in.)
he's been giving dh other advice on money as well that also goes along with what i have been trying to explain to dh so i have been thankful for that.

anyway, sorry about the ramble. i make my own lunches, dh makes lunches for dks 4 days a week and me the other day. when i go to having the whole weekend of, dh will make their lunches 5 days a week.

#22 ·
I thought everyone set the table before eating dinner :eek:

Although I should have figured it out when the kids come home shocked that their friends don't sit down for dinner as a family. It's an alien concept for them to not call during "dinner time".

#23 ·
Welcome mermaid59...dont be shy...just jump on in! Looking forward to getting to know you better :D

Cheryl..Katie has done that.Her school sends home a breakfast and lunch menu every month,so I know in advance what she'll eat and what she won't. There for about 2 weeks she was bringing her sandwich home.Only eating the chips,snack, and fruit.
We had a little talk about wasting food lol ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.