Just venting a bit
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Unhappy Just venting a bit

I was so sad, worried and frustrated when I found out last night that my DH's family never received their Christmas presents! Here I was, making sure that everyone's packages were sent before Christmas and UPS has no record of picking up the package.

I had a very large box with three packages in it....One for DH's Mom, one for her BF and one for DH's Aunt, Uncle and family. All the gifts were handmade chocolates, cookies, DH's roasted coffee, tea, soaps, nuts, etc.

When we talked with DH's mom on the phone last night and (finally) asked her how they liked their gifts...we "assumed" (bad word) they like everything just fine. She said, Uh, we never got a package. WHAT????

My heart sank like a lead brick in my stomach. I promtly talked with the UPS person this morning. They have a record of the label being printed, but not a record of the package being shipped or received. They are doing a detailed investigation and will be in contact with me between 1-8 business days.

In the meantime, I will be doing it all over again. Starting tonight I will be baking, candy making, sewing, roasting coffee and packaging up all three gifts for DH's family. I have a feeling they will not find the package. If they do then it will be a "bonus" package. I am so bummed about this and it was my fault for not tracking the package and assuming that just because I saw the UPS man physcially pick up my package, doesn't mean it got there.

Lesson learned.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope youe package shows up. It is so good of you to do it all over again.

Dh's unlce sent us a package from California. They paid for two day shipping on the 16th of Dwecember. (The post office 2-day shipping is such a scam- they won't guarantee that it will get there in two days, but they will charge you extra for them to say "uh, we tried!" Insurance is a big scam, too. I feel like it is a threat that if I DON'T buy insurance, they won't do their job properly, and I will pay the price. But I digress.)

Now, I realize it was the holiday season, but still, when you pay for two days, you expect the package to arrive in a reasonable amount of time. We finally got that box on the 29th. 2 days, 2 weeks, what's the difference?

Anyhoo, my point is that it did eventually show up. It doesn't sound like yours is en route or anything, as they don't even have a record of it being picked up, but hopefully they will find it somewhere.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry this happened and that it made you feel so bad. They are going to love the package when they get it, alot of love went into makingit. Hope the other one shows up too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hopefully the package will show up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I hope that it shows up Michele. I sent ds and dd a package last year at Christmas that never made it but I was reimbursed for the approx. value of the contents and shipping.

~48 yr. old sahw, livin' it up in our empty nest, smack dab in the middle of everywhere.~

*We're debt freeeeeeeee! (including the house)*

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you all for your kind words. I just got back from the health food store for more ingredients to make some of the things that I had lost, along with the tea and homemade soaps that I had purchased for DH's mom initally. I am just affraid of waiting so long to find out that they indeed didn't find the package, so I feel that I really WANT to do this again for them. Thankfully I have more baking and candy making ingredients, as well as Christmas bags and candy boxes. It could have been much worse I guess. I am letting it go now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~~ Missy ~~

Planting and raising an urban homestead in the middle of Downtown big city right at the foot of the Rocky Mountains!

Zone 5 Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm sorry they didn't get their package, Michele. I hope it turns up quickly.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Awww, sorry that happened to you Michele. I think it's wonderful that you're making them another package, and I know they'll love it!

Maybe send it Fedex next time?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Michele hopefully they will find it. UPS found a whole bunch of packages here in Kansas City, MO that have not made their destination. Hoefully it is one of them.

Kellie
    Kellie

2014 Goals
    1. Save $150 each month from frugality
    2. Earn $1000 each month
    3. Get down to 135 by 7/11

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Michelle, If they don't find your package, it is automatically insured for up to $100 so make sure you get some money back for all the contents.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Crossing my fingers that the original package will show up!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh Michele, I am so sorry this has happened. Hopefully the package will show up.

Registered User missmollymayhem's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh sweetie! That's awful! You're an for doing it all over again

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks everyone. No news yet. DH roasted coffee yesterday and I made one batch of cookies. We decided to make a trip to Buffalo in two weeks, so I think I will wait to hand deliver the packages.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast