Frugal Village Forums banner

Motivation

Tags
motivation
1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  MrsB 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
This morning I got up late and was not in the mood to do anything!! I had a ton of stuff to, but was being lazy. Its soooo hot and humid outside. Then I remembered what the FlyLady said, if you do nothing else get dressed, make your bed and shine your sink. Soooo I got dressed and made my bed. I moved the dirty glasses from the sink and shined it. Before I knew it all of my housework was done!! My dishes were washed, the stovetop was clean, the kitchen and bathroom floors were swept and the load of clothes sitting on the washer got put in the dryer. (they were on the line yesterday just before it started storming and I got them off but I couldn't throw them in the dryer to de-bug and fluff b/c we had lost power cause of the storm) All because I got dressed, made my bed and shined my sink!! I'm so proud of myself!!

Anyway, I just hoped this would motivate someone else!

#7 ·
I have days where I start out strong and end up not getting much done. I also have days where I start out doing nothing and get a lot done. Then there are the days in between...LOL You get some things accomplished and not others....

#9 ·
You know I've REALLY got to read more of the fly lady emails, I've been so unmotivated the last few weeks.

Glad you found your get up and go!

kj

#10 ·
Sorry I haven't been here since I posted this. Weekends are crazy for us.

KJ, I love the FlyLady!! She's such an inspiration on so many levels. I'm reading her book "Body Clutter" right now that talks about how you can overcome your weight just by changing your attitude and stuff like that. Its changed my attitude alot already and I'm only on chapter 3!! lol Even for those that aren't overweight its still a great read!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.