Frugal Village Forums banner

Getting to know each other: What is your style of decorating?

3K views 31 replies 29 participants last post by  kabin63 
#1 ·
What is your style of decorating? Do you have theme for your rooms or for your home and stick with that theme or do prefer a more eclectic mix of things that you love.

I have loosely based themes for my kitchen and office but the rest of my house is just eclectic style. I like to decorate with things that make me happy, if I see an item and I know that it would bring a smile to face to have it in my home and it is in my budget I will purchase it. I like simple classic items and country style items. My kitchen is loosely themed with roosters and old glassware like old milk bottles and old soda bottles and my bathrooms are in a sea and lighthouse themes.

What about you...what is decorating style?

#3 ·
Well, once you look past all the toys around the house you will find our home is decorated in a primitive country theme. The kitchen and dining room are roosters. The rec. room is patriotic. The living room is filled with family photos in prim country type frames, along with prim angels. The kids bedrooms each have their own themes, ones they picked. My bedroom is classic country complete with, what I think is called, a wedding ring quilt. I hope to one day do something with the sun room, which at the current time holds all the outdoor toys and my husbands toys. :) I love our home, it's comfortable and lived in.

#4 ·
Primitive country here, too.... or, as my sisters and husband like to call it-- "old beat-up stuff". :D

Some things in my home are more classic country, but, my favorite style is the primitive stuff.

#13 ·
No decorating style here. My house was built in the 60's so it has a retro look with the light fixtures.

#14 ·
My house is currently decorated with insulation....LOL, but when it is done I will will be making all my primitive country decorations and using the heirlooms I have on hand. I just checked a book out from the library about Tasha Tudor. Love her stuff.

#16 ·
Hmmmm...no room themes or anything like that. But everything is cohesive from room to room. I like painted furniture and have several pieces of black, and I don't like the matchey - matchey look. So, like my dining table is mission style oak with black windsor chairs. Mostly reds, greens, golds and black as an accent in my house. No white walls!

#17 ·
My house is really bright and colorful. I love vivid colors and eclectic accessories. My main floor is all oranges, olives and yellows. I have a lot of funky old advertising art on the walls, and then I have a lot of weird knick-knacks I collected on my travels when I worked as an importer. It is one of those houses with a ton of stuff to see, plus it is a really old house with a lot of fancy ornate woodwork.

Love my house, it makes me so happy.

#21 ·
Very eclectic, we've got a liberal sprinkling of antiques, here and there (some old school books, an old underwood typewriter, antique rocker, etc.) but I also like vivid colors and comfortable furnishings. I also love folk art (especially Mexican folk art ) and I wish I had more of it.

BTW, Simpleselu, I also love your cottage and the decor.

--Michelle

#22 ·
I love a variety of decorating. I like country, French and English country. Right now since I'm living in Florida I mostly have tropical themed rooms. My bedroom and bathroom are in palm trees, my kitchen and guest room are in lighthouses, my guest bathroom is in tropical fish, and my spare bathroom is in shells.

#23 ·
I would say mine is electic country. I really just go for what tickles my fancy at the moment.

#24 ·
I would say that my home is eclectic. My furniture is modern (with the exception of few Queen Anne chairs). Accessories are French and English (Staffordshire dogs, toile, gold-gilded pictures/mirrors etc). I love to mix things up. And my kitchen HAS to be modern. Some people have described my home as being kind of a New Orleans style with a modern twist.

#25 ·
No themes, maybe a tiny bit of Americana, but mostly simple, casual, comfortable, and practical. I'm not into towels that are only for decoration, lots of knick knacks. In fact, I have next to no knick knacks & what I do have are dh's and they have sentimental value to him (they were his grandmother's).

Almost everything that's in my house has a function....there's almost nothing that's just to look at...except for the pictures on the walls lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.