Need help writing letter
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Need help writing letter

I know this may be in a weird spot for this but I figured it would get the most responses here. My children are studying community service as part of their homeschool curriculum. We would like to start a food drive for the local pantry. They seem to be really low right now and could use some donations. I want to write a letter to my family and friends asking for food or small monetary donations. I also want to incorporate how I want my children to learn that just one or two people can make a difference by inspiring others. Any suggestions????????????????????

Stephanie

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You could do up a flier style letter stating that the food bank they have chosen (Give the name and address) is running low this time of year and you are requesting food or cash donations.

We are often reminded at Thanksgiving and Christmas of the need of the homeless and impoverished and their reliance on food banks. (Name of Foodbank - and maybe their address) is currently experiencing difficulty in providing for those same families at this time. John and Jane Doe are currently collecting non-perishables and cash donations for the food bank as part of their homeschool curriculum community service requirement.
    Thank you in advance for your support.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

YES! A couple of years ago I had the corny (but successful) idea of having a PanTree. Mad it out of construction paper in a X-mas tree shape about 7 feet tall, and stuck pictures of sauce pans all over it with tape. On each pan way written something the food pantry needed (ravioli, spam, tuna, corn, green beans, whatever they say people want). Then there was a One page sign telling people to please pick a pan, and donate what was on it to the food pantry. I hung it in the church during advent. It was a great success, and I had other churches ask for them the next year. You could do the same thing at grocery stores with their permission, or at malls, or churches, or schools,....

Let me know if you need help. I could draft a "pattern" for the tree if you need, and can send electronic pictures of pans if you want - they'd have to be printed and cut out, but kids usually like to cut.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I knew I could count on you ladies to help me out!!!!!!! YOU ROCK!!!! Edna E, what an original idea! I'd absolutely love your help.

Thanks so much to both of you!
    Stephanie

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Happy to provide it. You can pm me and let me know what you'd like and where/how I should send it.