Frugal Village Forums banner

need ideads for a mom/daughter and a dad/daughter slumber party

3K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  Maine Girl 
#1 ·
I know... it sounds weird... but DF and I want to plan 2 slumber parties... ME & DD (6 years old) will get dressed up for a fancy dinner DF will be our "server" after dinner, we will paint our fingernails, toenails, do make-up, watch movies, maybe do a craft together, have an old fashioned slumber party... Girly things are easy... what we need ideas for is the Daddy/Daughter night.
We have a kids play tent that they are going to set up in her room, and they are going to go fishing in the pond out back... but, can you think of any daddy/daughter movies (non-drama) or games or something? He has felt really left out lately and HE is getting all excited about his special time with her...
:hug2:

#3 ·
I think this is a wonderful idea.
My first thought that would be a wonderful thing to do for a dad/dd activity would be simply go for a walk. Dust off the stored stuff for a pick nick and plan somewhere special. Like under the big old tree in the park. Or a more elaborate idea, a short hike. Have him share his Boy Scout skills and roast some hot dogs and marshmallows. Or try a new sport. Roller blades, bike, soccer and yes even a pink Nurf football could be a thrill for a 6yo girl.
This is a purfect time when you can show them how they need to be treated. If you don't who will?
Let us know how it all goes!

#4 ·
Aww, what a great idea! Hmm, maybe DF can teach her how to play Go Fish or War with a deck of cards, if she doesn't already know. Board games? The only sort of dad-daughter movie I can think of is Curly Sue, but I haven't seen it in a long time and I'm not sure how appropriate it would be for a 6 year old. How about renting the Little Rascals or The Three Stooges?

#5 ·
I think it's wonderful that you are making him part of this. Maybe they can build something together for her room? Go bowling?

#6 ·
My dh and my FIL used to take my dd and show her how to change the oil in cars, etc. :)

As for movies -- what about "Parent Trap" ? I love that movie-- I like the original version. . .

can your dh teach your daughter to dance? Daughters generally love the idea of dancing with daddy at that age. . .

Or have him just take her out on a "date" -- dinner, movie, etc. . . it shows her how a man SHOULD treat a woman, etc.

#7 ·
What about camping in the back yard with marshmallows, hot dogs, GHOST STORIES, flashlight tag etc. They will have a ball with that stuff. You guys sound like such cool parents. Want to adopt me ? :) Diane

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.