*gulp*
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *gulp*

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default *gulp*

We just got the first of two estimates for putting a fence down the middle of our driveway. :surprise: It's nearly twice what we expected.

I don't know if I've posted about this, but our neighbor to the right is an absolute witch with a B. Our driveways are not shared. We each have our own driveway, but they are paved over as one HUGE driveway. Nothing separating the two. Well, from the time she moved in two years ago she has constantly blocked us into (or out of) our own driveway by parking at the very bottom of our driveway (w/ another car at the end of her driveway). When we asked her to move the car out of our driveway, she got all huffy. It was like this for weeks....I have four kids in four different schools, going to school myself. I was literally (still am actually) in & out of my driveway no less than 8-10 times a day. It was a major struggle to get them to move their vehicles.

So one day she actually drew a (crooked @$$) chalk line down the middle of the driveway. As if the problem was the property line and not her parking at the very end of our driveway blocking us in/out.

We're constantly picking hers & her tentants' cigarette butts off our driveway and out of our lawn. Her trash & fake flowers/bushes are constantly blowing onto our property. She's just nasty.

Then she put up a huge pool w/ a permanent set of stairs...and NO fence (against codes - and codes won't come look at it). Then this winter she actually called the police to tell them *our* snow was touching her garage (can you believe it?!?!). All winter long she insisted on parking RIGHT on the property line so that we had to be *very* careful getting into & out of our vehicles so our doors didn't bang her car. I think she was hoping we would, just so she could sue us or something (she's sued EVERYONE, no joke) who she does business with...from tenants to contractors. She is so bad, she has to hire people from the next county over because no one in this county will deal with her anymore.

That was the final straw. As soon as the ground thawed, we called for estimates on putting up a fence. It's more than we expected, but well worth it. They have to drill holes in the blacktop then fill them back in with cement. They will deal with the permits AND the crabby neighbor. Once it's up, her main source of entertainment (annoying us) will be over.

Well worth the cost IMO. I can't wait for it to go up.
    Last edited by YankeeMom; 03-29-2007 at 01:21 PM.

Registered User PurpleButterfly's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Heather,
    Sounds like the expense of a fence is well worth the price of sanity! I've lived next to wacko neighbors myself. Hope you get some peace and quiet soon!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

YankeeMom all I can say is OMG she does sound like a Beo*ch to me! Glad you are getting the fence up and heck yeah it will be well worth the cost. Let us know how things go!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yikes she sounds miserable to be around, i am sorry. holy cow she needs to get a life.

sounds like money well spent!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A cruddy neighbor to be sure!! We used to have one years ago, their kids would throw apples into our yard and we were always falling all over them. One day I grabbed a basket and went in the yard and started picking them up.The brats asked what I was doing and I told them gathering apples to make a pie for MY kids. We never had another apple thrown in our yard! HA!! Wish it were so simple for you Heather!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The fence should help with some problems but it's not over, it'll never be over with people like her.

Sincerely, Darlene (who is oh so glad she doesn't live close to neighbors and their weirdness anymore)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hmmm... instead of a formal fence... what about those decorative garden borders?? they are thin so they wont take away from your parking space, but tall enough that if she was to park on YOUR side... her car wouldn't appreciate it? Or... how about a few of these http://www.nwkniterati.com/movablety...e/trellis2.jpg in a small wooden box, filled with stones and flowers? (adds to the landscape and you don't have to look at your pleanant neighbor either... true, you will lose about 6 inches of parking space on your side (goddess forbid you cross the line) the plus side of it is... it's not as perminent as a fense, cheaper, and if the old bat shoudl ever move and you have NICE neighbors, you can easily remove them...If you dont want to buy them and you and DH are good with a saw (or have a home depot close by, they cut to size) all you have to do is nail it together, put it in the flower box... fill with dirt, stones and some flowers, and think crawling vines... morning glories will fill that in within a year... or grapes if your kids like jelly ... I live in a condo, and cant have walls or fenses, but I am planning on having a 'decorative' piece (in other words, I am having a wall of climbing flowers

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Um no. I want a barrier between her half and ours. If I could, I'd put up a 10 ft fence. And if I could, I'd paint her side the UGLIEST colors I could find.

We can afford to lose 6" on our side of the driveway. Our side is wider than hers. All of this could have been avoided had she been a normal neighbor respecting other peoples' property. She will have problems now. Her house is divided into three apartments. Now when she has tenants with cars, they will have to do the hokey pokey with their cars getting them into & out of the driveway.
    Come next winter, she won't be able to use our driveway to get her snow out (she has no where to put the snow in the back of her house thanks to the pool & has to have it all pulled to the front of the house). Not to mention the BIG truck she hired to plow her out the last couple of winters has wrecked our side of the driveway with gouges and cracks from the plow and the heaviness of the truck itself.

Nope. I'll be glad to not to have to deal with her as much.

Although, like Darlene said...I suspect it won't be 100% better after this. I fully expect her to throw HUGE temper tantrums about the fence going up...I can't wait to get it up and get her out of our hair in respect to the driveway.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good luck with your fence Heather, I hope it keeps the crazy lady and her tenants off your property . I would love to see her face when the fence goes up, if you happen to capture this on camera, please post it for all of us to enjoy too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I feel for ya. We once shared a common driveway with a nutcase. I would LOVE to see the look on her face when the fence starts going up. Good luck containing the crazy lady. Be sure to let us know how it goes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Heather, I love it!!! I know I would be so excited if it was me. Take some pics and let us all see the fence once it gets finished.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would love to see the look on her face when the fence is going up. People like her really annoy me. Best of luck to you. I just hope she doesnt try to destroy the fence on you. Just keep a look out to be safe.

married to my honey
    mommy to one handsome teenager
    mommy to 2 furbabies

no consumer debt, zero, zip nada

mortgage - 56,140.96 pay off date 11/2017
    car fund 5,000
    heating unit 0

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What a nut job neighbor. Glad you're putting in a fence, sure it'll be well worth the mony!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just a thought, are sure exacty where the property line is & the laws about fencing etc? Going to need all your t's crossed & I's dotted with this flake.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Darlene View Post
    Just a thought, are sure exacty where the property line is & the laws about fencing etc? Going to need all your t's crossed & I's dotted with this flake.
    eep i was headed here to ask the same thing. Don't need mrs nutball giving you grief over that too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast