Frugal Village Forums banner

I love Goodwill.

Tags
goodwill love
1K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  baxjul 
#1 ·
I couldnt stand the thought of spending another saturday at home without dh so I packed up the girls and off we went to Goodwill and then the mall.
I found some great deals. First and formost I bought a Bravetti fryer for only 8.00 , when I got home I had to search on line for a manual and discovered that its a 90.00 fryer.:cheergrl: Second I bought dd an entire box full of Betty Spagetti dolls for only 2.99, there was 14 dolls in it. She is so happy. Those of you with girls will understand the value of this. Plus some other random things.

And I bought some new designer brand clothes for me all at less then 2.00 a piece. All in all I spent less then 25.00 and everybody got something they were happy with.

Then we went to mall and had hot dogs and played with the dogs they had for adoption.

#6 ·
Sounds like y'all had a great time and got some great deals. Glad y'all had fun!

--Michelle

#7 ·
Ann, you got some really great deals, WTG! :)

#9 ·
May i ask a silly question? whats spaghetti dolls? like barbie dolls?
Sounds like really good deals and u and the kids made a good day out of it. WTG

#11 ·
A spaghetti doll is this silly boll that is kinda like a barbie mr. potatoe head. If that makes any sense. Its this long skinny doll that you take all the pieces a part and build it again ,mixing and matching the peicees. And it comes with beads and jewelry to put in the hair that made of plastic and it looks like spaghetti.

#12 ·
Now that's my kinda day! I miss so much having my son here to go thrift store shopping with! I may become a Big Sister just so I'll be able to teach someone the virtues of frugality! LOL

I got a Scwinn bike for my son once when his was stolen for $20 from Goodwill. I have gotten so many things for so little there, especially when they are having their % off days. Every day is a different color.

My son used to get so many toys and stuff from there, some still in the original boxes. I get a lot of clothes from there, and from other thrift stores, but I usually have to travel to Sarasota because all the clothes in the thrift stores here are for old ladies or young kids. In Sarasota, you can get some nice clothes. There is one street that is just lined with thrift and consignment shops, and I try to do the circuit of those stores about twice a year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.