Frugal Village Forums banner

waiting for the ups person.

915 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  karone 
#1 ·
my dad and stepmom sent a gift card for my birthday (was the 11th) and so now im waiting for this: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5663209 to come (its what i got with the card). later on this week i should be getting harry potter and the order of the phoenix in the mail. i ordered it b/c i never got it back from a friend. as soon as i get this sucker im hooking it up to my comp and editing the amazing race epis i have already on there and put those on disk. then with the new dvd player im going to capture the amazing race epis that have commentary, edit those, then repeat the process with lord of the rings extended edition and the other movies i got from the library and our tapes. after i get the harry potter book i will start reading those to merrick and then when i can get the new book on paperback i will start over and read all the books to him.

#2 ·
A very nice gift!! Enjoy it!!

#3 · (Edited)
o i will. im hoping it will play my tribe dvds b/c if it does then i will capture those and put them onto another dvd so that the originals dont get scratched up. thats one of the reasons i went for that one. forgot to say that the tribe dvds are pal format. its not available here and probbably never will be. stupid cloud 9 (pple that made the tribe) doesnt think that theres enough of a fan base.

#5 ·
thanx. lol, im going to have a hard time keeping merrick off it since he likes to play with things like that. even though it got a couple bad reviews i think it will serve its purpose with me. sry im rambling. havent gotten good sleep the past few days b/c im excited to get this.

#7 ·
Enjoy your gift and other goodies :)

#9 ·
i tested it out with my tribe dvds and it will play seasons 1 and 2 but wont play 3, 4, 5. so ill have to play season 3 in my computer along with 4 and 5 whenever i get them. they are all in pal format but seasons 1 and 2 are kinda region free. other than that little glitch i like it. will have to lock the door to in here so merrick doesnt try and break it again. he took one of the batteries from the remote and put it in the vcr part. i got it out and no harm was done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.