Frugal Village Forums banner

anybody have a betty crocker cook book that is about 8 yrs old?

848 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Dancing Lotus 
#1 ·
I have a betty crocker cook book ( the binder style ) that is about 8 to 10 yrs old and its missing a few pages. Most important is the pancake recipe that calles for brown sugar. My family likes these the best and for some reason we cant seam to get it right. It just doesnt taste the same so I must be doing something wrong. Could anyone help me and give me that recipe?? Please , please. My family is very upset that my pancakes arent comeing out the same.

#6 ·
Thank you so much but thats not it. I cant imagine what I am doing wrong but we all agree that they dont taste the same. The only betty crocker recipes I can find on line are all useing boxed mixes and I can stand boxed mix pancakes.

I love ya for trying.:)

#5 ·
Buttermilk Pancakes

1 c flour
1 tablspoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 tes. baking soda
1/4 teas. salt
1 beaten egg
1 cup buttermilk or sour milk
2 tbls. cooking oil

Combine flour sugar baking powder and soda, and salt. Make well in center of mixture, set aside. Combine the egg, buttermilk, and oil. Add egg mixture to flour mixture stir until moistened.

Yu know how to cook them!

Whole wheat buttermilk pancakes: substitute whole wheat flour for regular flour and brown sugar for sugar.

#7 ·
I have the BC cookbook from about 15 years ago. The pancake ingredients are:
1 egg
1c. flour
3/4 c. milk
1 tbsp. gran or packed brown sugar
2 tbsp vegetable oil
3 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Let me know if that sounds like the right one and I will type out the directions if you need them.

#8 ·
Sweet! that sounds like the one. I think what I was doing wrong was too much milk and not enough bakeing powder. I will whip up some tomarrow and let you know how they turn out.
I will owe you big if this makes happy tummies at my house!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.