Frugal Village Forums banner

Want to quit my job

1K views 16 replies 17 participants last post by  Opal 
#1 ·
I am looking to simplify my life, save up some buffer money over the next few months (we are a strong double income family), and downgrade to a less demanding job :fyi:. I am up at 5am, out the door by 6:30pm, and home maybe 12 hours later. It's insane, I have no life, and would like to enjoy my children before they're gone! (teens)

How did you hear about frugal village? Googled "frugal"

What interests you here? Saving on groceries/food

Do you know any other members here? no

How many kids? Ages? two teens

Tell us about yourself. I am a professional, managing a sales office. I work too much, and would like to make less and enjoy life more.

Do you own any pets? cat

SAHM or Working mom? working

Married or single? married

Interests and hobbies? cooking, spirituality, knitting and crochet when I can, along with reading.

See less See more
#3 ·
:cowwave: from Florida!

I completely understand how you feel. I don't work long hours like you but I would like to simplify more and cut down too. I have a plan to be Mortgage free in 5-7 years and then I would like to go part-time.

Glad you're here!

#7 ·
welcome from Canada

#8 ·
:welcome: and I am sure you would do just fine with downgrading, good luck!

#12 ·
Hello there! I am quitting my job as well! :yippee:

I am going to take about a month off, then start a new job with a LOT less responsibility and stress. Naturally, this means a lot less money as well (I'll be going from $115,000 to around $60,000/yr) but with the help of this site I have changed my spending habits so that I'll end up saving more than I did before!

And even more importantly, I'll get my LIFE back! :vibes:

Best of luck to you; I'm sure it will all work out great... and your kids will definitely appreciate it. My mom died last year and I am so grateful for all the time she chose to spend with us while we were growing up. :)

#15 ·
Cheering you on! I'm betting those teens would love to have you working less hours outside the home. So many exciting things going on in their lives, hopefully you can work it out so you can be there to enjoy more.:thumb:
Life is too short,try to find a way & make it work!!!

#16 ·
:welcome2:Welcome. You have come to a good place to help you along on your journey.

#17 ·
Sometimes quitting a job is the best thing you can do. I applaude anyone that leaves the rat race behind. Sometimes when we get so busy with work we forget the whole reason we are working in the first place and that is to make money to take care of what we need. So we enter the work force and get caught up in making money instead of making a life. It is not to say money isn't important, but if all you are doing is working, then you are giving up too much of yourself to your job. A job should be part of your life, but not your whole life.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.