well here I am just sitting here.
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default well here I am just sitting here.

It just started with a temper tantrum....my son was angry about taking a shower (you know just to get clean, it is not important) and he jerked the handle in the shower, breaking the seal in the washer on the cold water.. yea! I ask my husband to check the leak. It is now 8pm. He checks and says, "just a small one, put a bucket under it will fix tomorrow." Well not able to leave well enough alone, I go to look and find out he had just turned the shower thingy up and it was leaking up and slower.. But still not a little to me. So the crazy me.. I timed the amount of water and how long to fill the bucket. I awake my husband who sleeps as if nothing is wrong. I tell him my calculations that we wont make it that long on a bucket. Well after alot of prodding, during which I am filling buckets and such. He goes down stairs to turn off house water, and turns knob and it starts to leak. Then we have to find a flashlight (NONE>>) and go to the meter and turn it off. Needless to say he will fix it when he gets home today, and if it needs a new knob it will be Wednesday. I am so blessed he can do these things, otherwise we would have to pay for a plumber. And being in GA on a drought, you gotta watch consumption, or the can turn you off and charge $1000.00. But I sit here just hoping the day goes well. I am okay for the food part. Just I have a 10 year old that eats and then poops it all out. And of course he is not able to fill a pitcher and flush it.. He will need me.. ohhhhhhh gagggggyyyy afternoon...Just thought maybe I would share my plight...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh man, good luck!

June grocery challenge $114.99/$400

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You're livin' the 'American dream' Ms Louise..... I think it's similar to something most of us have been through at some point. Hope he gets that leak fixed soon. I'd be hauling water in buckets too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ick! So sorry you are going through that......

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Godd luck, hopefully it is a quick fix!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ugh. I hate days like that. Everything going wrong and it's hurry up and wait....and wait.......

Hope it's all over by tonight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

update.. dh has a friend at work that might be able to help him find (of course ours would be old) washers for our shower and then try to fix washers and then if the main still leaks then it will be a sodering job. dh did say he will turn water back on to fill buckets.. Atleast we can fix it.. Atleast it is only temp.. But I still got my mind on the kid... yucky yuck... lol but thanks for the support..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ms. Louise,

Sorry about all the plumbing stuff...yeesh what a way to start out the day.

So, is your Son in trouble???

Hope the hubby is able to get everything back to normal SOON!

leezza

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just wondering, if you don't mind me asking, where in Georgia do you live? I'm 10 miles west (inland) from Darien, on the coast, and about 1 hour south of Savaannah. It's dry as a bone here, but we have had more rain this summer than you have had. We were lucky enough to get rain from a few of those tropical systems off the coast during the tropical storm season. No water shortages here so far in Darien, Savannah or Brunswick which is about 30 minutes south of us on I-95, which in town they have city water. We are out in the boonies so to speak and we have our own deep, deep well (we do conserve water usage).

I remember though, years ago living in Jacksonville, Fla., having water shortages. It sure was a pain. I'm praying sister, that all of the drought stricken southeast gets a much needed ground soaking soon.

It's gonna almost take a flood to help some areas. I know this drought has raised the prices on locally grown live Christmas trees this season, and expect the prices of Vidalia onions and Georgia grown peanuts to go up as well. I really feel for the farmers, they are really have a tough go of it with the drought and the high price of fuel. We are all feeling the pinch, everywhere we turn.

Hope you find relief soon and get that faucet fixed soon as well.

And yes, isn't it a blessing having a hubby who can fix just about everything. My Hubby is like that, and it sure saves us alot of money.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am sorry for your yucky day Louise. I hope your DH can get the leaks fixed quickly and inexpensively.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieRose View Post
    You're livin' the 'American dream' Ms Louise..... I think it's similar to something most of us have been through at some point. Hope he gets that leak fixed soon. I'd be hauling water in buckets too.
    Lol Lisa, thanks for the smile, hope it brought up the corners of Ms Louise's mouth too.

Hope it's all flowing right soon Louise!