Frugal Village Forums banner

What do you think of Pampered Chef Products?

4K views 45 replies 43 participants last post by  TheRootedNomad 
#1 ·
I was checking to see what you thought about the Pampered Chef line of Products considering I went to my first party last Thursday. My opinion is some of it is really great but, fairly expensive not that I am cheap by any means but I enjoy having good quality products whether if I have to save up for it to begin with.

If you have any of it how did you aquire it? How often do you find these at Garage sales or thift stores?

TIA,

#2 ·
Honestly, until my son married a (wonderful, I have to say) girl from Ohio and they moved down here while he was stationed here at Ft. Stewart, I had never heard of Pampered Chef before. She had received quite a bit of it though as wedding gifts and she loved it. I borrowed a few pieces one time and it seemed to be high quality and well made, but that's really I know about it. I did love the pizza stone and the terracotta (sp?) cookware pieces I borrowed that one time and would love to have a few of them myself.

Sorry I can't be more help. :rolleyes:

#4 ·
1. Waaay too expensive.
2. They're really good at getting you to want their stuff. It all looks so special, but it's not.
3. You pay extra because that's how the host gets stuff for free (I strongly disagree with this practice.
4. Some things have lifetime guarantees, but keep your receipts (forever)!
5. I bought a chef's knife from them which could not compare to the one I have now ($12 Tuesday Morning), and it chipped all over the blade. I barely used it!

They make their wares appear unique, but you can get stoneware and specialty kitchen items just about anywhere. I wouldn't say the stuff is junk, even though my knife did what it did. I think it's good quality, but I know it isn't worth it.

#15 · (Edited)
I agree. High quality, HA! I can find better quality elsewhere cheaper.I will not part with my jingle for this gimmick.If you can go to the party and not buy, they always have good eats.Which is payment for having to sit through it all.

#6 ·
I don't have any pampered chef products, but I have bought T-Fal frying pans at Tuesday morning for unbelievably cheap prices. Also, the Analong Chef knife, parking knife and bread knife that I got (bargain prices) are the best knives I've ever had.

I had my old Faberware pots and pans for 30 years. For Christmas I wanted to buy me oldest son good pots and pans (his cookware was falling apart and cheap). I found the 10 piece set of Faberware for $60.00. I bought a set for him and bought myself a new set. Oh my. It is amazing. All stainless steel. Thick bottom, rivetted handles. All pans and lids are oven safe. The heat distribution is great. LOVE IT. $60.00!

Gave my old Faberware and one of the frying pans from the new set to my daughter and she was thrilled. Everybody is happy!

#7 ·
It's OK, But Expensive

Hi,
I have fun at the parties and enjoy the food samples, but I must say that the products are over priced. Like others, I think the products are good, but I can also buy good products elsewhere cheaper.

My pizza stone that I bought at a party blew up in my oven. I mean, it just shattered with great force. The company gave back my money, and said that once in a while the stones have an air bubble in them and it causes them to explode.

The latest thing I bought was a gadget that breaks up frozen hamburger while you cook. My sister had one and I was fascinated at how well it worked to break up the burger meat. So I bought one for myself.

One poster mentioned pots and pans. I made do for years with cheapo pans that even burned water, it seemed. Finally I decided to stop pouring money into those kinds of pans, and saved for a really nice set of Calphalon. It's one of the best things I ever did. They are heavy anodized (sp?) aluminum, riveted handles, and safe in the oven as well as stove top. While we were without power the past few days from the ice storm, I used them to cook with on top of our wood stove, and it was as good as a cast iron skillet. I think that I have actually saved money in the long run by investing in a good set of pots. Pampered Chef has pots that look similar to my Calphalon, but I don't know much more than that about them.

So overall, good product most of the time, fun parties, and overpriced.

#8 ·
Love their products, but quite expensive. I own a few....whenever the rare party comes along I can't resist buying at least one of their items.

#9 ·
I LOVE the pampered chef stoneware stuff. Yes, you can buy other stones cheaper but these just cook better. I wouldn't have thought there was such a thing as quality stone but there is. They are more expensive than some places and you need to watch that your not buying an "ooohhhh, ahhhh" kind of gadget you really have no use for but there are some of the things I would no longer live without.

my rectangle stone
I cook everything on it! Bread, biscuits, chicken, fries, any frozen convience stuff. When I'm cooking in something else I put it on the bootom rack to even the temperature

my stone loaf pan
I would not go back to a metal one (great for meatloaf)

my stone bundt pan
lets just say....who'da thunk 7 minute cakes in the mocrowave

my small paring knife in it's own sharpening thingy it gets put away in
I've had it 3 years and it's the sharpest knife I own
I use it every day and have gotten rid of almost every other knife (ya gotta have a few )

my shreaded bread knife
this is the other life line knife for me. It's suppose to be for bread but it works awesome on turkey, ham, shrubs, and small tree branches as well. I did order a backup as I'm afraid that the branches will eventually dull it down. So far it's great, and it cleans really well. ..... oh and it's great for bread.

Hope that helps!

#14 ·
Turkey, ham, shrubs and small tree branches...cleans really well...it's great for bread, LOL, ever thought of doing infomericials? OMG, I can just see you now, slicing, dicing and pruning in one easy step! :tree: :chef:

#12 ·
I have a pizza stone, pizza cutter, cheese grater, and measuring spoons. I really like their products. High quality, but I agree they are expensive. I had a friend who was a Pampered Chef salesperson, though that didn't get me any sort of discount.

You might try EBay to see if they have any that is more reasonably priced.
:thumb:

#13 ·
I don't have anything and have never been to a party. The only item I have any experience with is the cake decorator. My sil and I make truffles (no longer with each other though :( ) and we use a cake decorator to pipe out the centres. She has the pampered chef one and the ring that holds the tip in place broke the first time we used it. It was replaced, and although it didn't break again, it was always falling off. I bought one exactly the same at the grocery store, for half the price, and mine doesn't fall apart when I use it. I even used mine to pipe out mashed potatoes (much heavier than truffles) and it still didn't give me any trouble.

#17 ·
I don't have many pampered chef items. I do have a set of their valotrope (sp??) tube bread pans that I like. They do offer nice quality items, but they are a bit pricey. My friend was a consultant and her best buy from them seems to be the cookbooks. It seems that everytime I ask her about a recipe it comes from one of their books.

#21 ·
I bought the bar pan and nothing burns. It is now "well seasoned" and still going strong. It was painful to spend the money at first, but has paid for itself. I also love the potato/carrot peeler and the "crinkle" cut chopper thingy. I think it depends on the item whether it is a good deal or not.

#24 ·
I love Pampered Chef and am giving a party in January! The lady who does it is very good and the recipes are very very good. I even asked for some of the utensils for Christmas especially the spatulas, I like having several and have ruined some of my cheaper ones.

#25 ·
I've found a few pieces at yard sales :D

Love it when I find items like that!!

You can also find items on ebay - and I'm sure craigslist, but I'll admit, I've not looked there -

#26 ·
I have so many of their products that I can't even tell what all I have. I love them. I use my stones all the time. I was just at a party and bought the rubber scraper and can opener. Didn't need any stones, but boy do they have some neat new products. If I had more money to spend, I would have bought more.

#27 ·
I do love it but would never pay full price for pampered chef. Just too pricy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.