Frugal Village Forums banner

girl scouts

Tags
girl scouts
1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  stinkbug 
#1 ·
Just heard this on the news. Two teenage girls stole money from a girl scout selling cookies. When asked if they were sorry all they said was " No just p$$$ed ( didn't know if I could type that or not) off that we got caught" Then the father paid back the money. That is just so wrong that there wasn't more charges.

#2 ·
Oh my! I just got home from selling cookies with my dd. As for the father, argh!!! If my children ever did such a thing I would be the first one calling the cops. No wonder kids don't take responsibility, they don't have to.

#3 ·
You know I'm REALLY concerned about kids attitudes these days! Just the other day in Cleveland they had a class riot and hurt a substitute teacher, throwing things and completely out of control, every single kid! The teacher needed medical attention, she was hit in the head.

The scary thing? This was GRADE SCHOOL!! Max age 12! What are kids learning these days?

Some days I'm REALLY glad I don't have kids, I would NOT put up with these attitudes!

kj

#4 ·
It saddens me that kids these days dont care what they do and the parents of these kids are to blame. If that was my kid I would be kicking their butts making them do chores and possibly selling girl scout cookies. Might I mention they would also be grounded.

#5 ·
Well in the dad's defense...if I were the parent, I would pay back the victim right away too because I would want to make it right, and then deal with my kid on punishments and a payment plan.

#6 ·
I'm a Brownies Co-Leader and we are not allowing the scouts to sell door to door. We sent the cookie order forms home and told the parents that we understand the dangers in dealing with strangers. We set the 'goal' of each girl very low. We are not looking to make a fortune from sales. It is more tradition with us.

Last year some weenie broke in to the GS Headquarters/Warehouse and stole cases of the cookies.

#7 ·
It looked like the kids probably only 8 or 9 years old a table set up outside a mall somewhere. I live in a very rural area and they have started putting police officers in the jr/sr high because of all the things going on. When something happens no matter how small, last week someone threw a container of milk and hit another kid with it, or how big, robbery ect. the officers take them and it make the papers. They get detention of some sort, which to me is nothing ,just a day out of class. This seems extreme but if it works then its fine by me. Whats nice is that we know the officer that is in sd's school and she knows that we will l find out from more than one source.They need to get a handle on this stuff one way or another. Some of these kids will have felony charges for robbery and threats and they are only 13 years old.

#9 ·
The first week I worked in an elementary school I was beat up by a sixth grader!!! Sounds funny, but it's not. I was hired as a free aide, I had kids those ages, I felt I could do the job. I was on playground duty and came upon a kid who was kicking gravel at other students. I walked up beside him (not in front of him..it wasn't a confrontation) and asked him to stop. He turned and nailed me in the chest with his fist. The kid was huge...I am 5'3" and weighed about 115. He continued beating on me till someone managed to get back into the building to get help for me. Come to find out, the kid had just been mainstreamed from a specail program and was supposed to have a mentor with him on the playground. Yeah....I filed a police report for assault, the school nurse took pictures of the bruises. The first thing the principal did was ask me if I was going to quit. I couldn't quit....I was a single mom and had just gotten the job. His punishment? They called his mom and he had to apologise to me. Later, my sister, who works for a large school district in WA state, told me I was a fool to not sue. I was so dumb, I was just worried about keeping my job....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.