Frugal Village Forums banner

Hello from Iowa

2K views 20 replies 19 participants last post by  Mom23boys 
#1 ·
Hello there I am new found out about this group from a coupon group I am in. I am in desperate need of slowing down the outgo of money in our family. I had my hours cut at work and have lost between 200 and 300 dollars every paycheck which hurts really bad!

Oh and I am mom to 3 mostly great kids a son who is 17 years old, my oldest DD is 15 and my baby she is 8. I also have a great husband that I have been married to for more than 20 years.

Things are just really slow here for us and yet the bills aren't taking a break ughhh.... I hope I can find ways to cut spending and get some bills paid off and out of the loop of what we pay out every month.

#3 ·
Welcome!
i recently found a great tool on Oprah.com for looking at your budget. Click on the money tab on her site and you can find the calculators and worksheets.
I'm sure you'll find lots of helpful info here at the village, I certainly have!

#4 ·
Hello Wendy,
:welcome: to FV!

#5 ·
Welcome! We are intending to move to Iowa in the near future!

#11 ·
You know I am finding that the internet makes the world a small place. I find alot of Iowans on the boards. Oh and Me and hubby were in Iowa City last night it was my birthday treat "Red Lobster" omg soooo yummy

#7 ·
Hi Wendy, welcome to FV! :apple:

#10 ·
Hi Wendy and welcome :welcome2: from Oklahoma. :wave:

#12 ·
I just want to thank you all for the welcome. Now I just have to wait for a day off to get on here and look around.. so tomorrow yippie!

#16 ·
Hi Wendy, I am from Iowa too!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.