Frugal Village Forums banner

I'm new from Iowa, too

973 views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  IntlMom 
#1 ·
Hi - I just joined this evening. Here are answers to some of the "starter questions"

How did you hear about frugal village?
Our newspaper started carrying your column. (Maybe that's why I see a number of new Iowans?)

What interests you here?
I immediately honed in on the Third Age section since I recently retired. I've always been frugal but now we have a new retirement budget and I'm sure I'll find some good ideas here.

What will you contribute?
I don't know yet. :) We are debt free (so far) so I must have accumulated some ideas that are worth sharing! I need to get familiar with the forum first, though.

Do you know any other members here?
Maybe, but not that I know of.

How many kids? Ages?
3 grown daughters in their 30's; 3 teenage grandchildren

Do you own any pets?
A white rat that my husband rescued from Animal Control. (No, I'm not kidding.)

Occupation?
I retired last spring after 26 years of teaching and computer support. (sahm for about 12 years before that)

Married or single?
Married 40 years this coming fall.

Interests and hobbies?
Travel, photography, reading, hiking, swimming (for exercise)

See less See more
#7 ·
:welcome: to FV!

#11 ·
Hiya and :welcome:

#12 ·
Welcome to the Village!:apple:
Your comment about the rat had me laughing. Your husband must have a tender heart or something.;)

#13 ·
Welcome to the group. I am new too and a fellow Iowan. Love the rat lol... I only have a weenie dog...8 cats ..6 of them outside farm cats and 2 inside spoiled cats. And then a pot bellied pig and about a dozen goats. Yup big Iowa farm girl here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.