Frugal Village Forums banner

Salmon and tornado?

1K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Tater 
#1 ·
OK -- today we had tornado watches and severe thunderstorms. We are finally home braving flash floods, wind, and nature's debris. My kids are starved and I begin dinner while listening to the news for weather updates. I had layed out salmon to put on the grill but the weather was looking rather threatening -- again, but decided to brave it. The rice was cooking and the carrots almost done when a weather alert for our area -- tornado, please take shelter.

What! My salmon -- it ain't cheap. My kids are becoming more than nervous as the wind, rain, and lightening worsened. It was dark as the night, and I could only thing of getting my salmon inside and turning the gas grill off before seeking shelter. I yelled at the kids to save themselves -- I'm saving dinner.

You know what! I saved the salomon, gas was off, and we only lost a few shingles, patio chairs and our tramboline. My dh said I wasn't the best role model for emergency preparadness but dinner was great!

#3 ·
Glad to hear you & yours are okay!!! Just like a mom to think of saving dinner, before saving herself :chef2:!

#8 ·
oh girl I love salmon. next time you are having storms, put it in the oven so you just turn it off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.