Frugal Village Forums banner

Car Fun Vs Green Scores

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Sassyclass 
#1 ·
I am really happy to see the gas prices DOWN DOWN DOWN for today/tomorrows most heavily traveled holiday. I cancelled a weekend away to the Cape this summer because I couldn't afford to fill my tank for the 400 mile trip. I definitely need a greener vehicle.

I found a calculator for comparing cars based on mpg and driving pleasure at www.carfunfootprint.com

It was interesting to see the rating of my Honda CRV --

my fun score was 40 and
my green score was 49
my combined score was 43
rating 154 out of 197

What's everyone else driving? and if you want -- share your score : )

#3 ·
Mine is not on there either. But for all the fun I've had in it, (and on it, and under it, and *ahem* IN it) and since it has been in my family since it was new...

I win.

#4 ·
They don't have my car listed, a Honda Insight, probably because they don't make them any more. It is a tiny cute little hybrid, we get about 50 MPG. Actually about 56 MPG in the summer and 47 MPG in the winter. (Being cold makes the engine less efficient and having the heat on sucks power.) It is fun to drive except that I worry about other people crushing us sometimes through careless driving.

#6 ·
Mine wasn't there either. I have a blue 2004 5speed Chevy Cavelier. Fun to drive, great on gas, and paid off. The Chevy Cobalt replaced it so I went with it and the score was 43. I can't believe they don't take into account if it is a manual or automatic at least they didn't for the Cobalt.

Cat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.