Making the switch to organic
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Making the switch to organic

My DD came home on vacation and I noticed she did not feel well. Her energy was down and wanted to sleep a lot. I chalked it up that she was over worked and the long drive home but that was not the case. I took her to a man who looks into the eye (Iridology) to see what is wrong and he told us she has to much xenoestrogens in her system. I was clueless what this ment until I started some research and WOW I can't believe what is going on. The chemicals that are in our shampoos, laundry, household cleaners, personal hygiene, on and on is causing so many health risk it is scary!!! We are switching over to organic on everything. It is costly to get started but it is worth every dime that goes into this. I found a web site called vitacost that seems pretty good on the cost and there is free shipping over $49.00. I have a lot more to learn but I am willing to do it. Sorry for it being so long but it it crazy on what is going on with our bodies. I am looking forward to more feedback on this from everyone. Thanks for your input. GOD Bless.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by homemaker66 View Post
    My DD came home on vacation and I noticed she did not feel well. Her energy was down and wanted to sleep a lot. I chalked it up that she was over worked and the long drive home but that was not the case. I took her to a man who looks into the eye (Iridology) to see what is wrong and he told us she has to much xenoestrogens in her system. I was clueless what this ment until I started some research and WOW I can't believe what is going on. The chemicals that are in our shampoos, laundry, household cleaners, personal hygiene, on and on is causing so many health risk it is scary!!! We are switching over to organic on everything. It is costly to get started but it is worth every dime that goes into this. I found a web site called vitacost that seems pretty good on the cost and there is free shipping over $49.00. I have a lot more to learn but I am willing to do it. Sorry for it being so long but it it crazy on what is going on with our bodies. I am looking forward to more feedback on this from everyone. Thanks for your input. GOD Bless.
    Iridology, is amazing isn't it? I took a couple of courses in that for my new degree.

Ditching the grocery store post I have on here, goes into how our family does what it does for health. We eat tons of organic, ( grow our own, local non pesticide, grass pasteurized) , use green homemade cleaners, and our health is much better for it. I won't put much on here , but feel free to pm me if you would like. There are many health forums, blogs on the net that will be supportive as well. Good luck on your journey.

Look into Azure Standard they have good prices, routes, ( so might save you shipping) and lots or organic. Or a local health food store or co-op that is where I buy most of my organics.

Hope she feels better soon.
    *Angel*

Dave R. Plan
    Step one - Done
    Step two-Done
    Step three-Done
    Step four-Done
    Step five- Working on
    Step six- almost done
    Living debt free except the mortgage and working on that !!!

Be content with what you have;
    Rejoice in the way things are,
    When you realise there is nothing lacking,
    the whole world belongs to you.

-Lao Tzu

Have Courage
    “Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires…courage.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back..." Maya Angelou

"Choose a job you love and you will never work a day in your life." (Confucius 551-478 BC)

Registered User trying to be frugal's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default I agree with your choice

Frugal and organic can go hand in hand. Keep it up, good job! We are a 90% organic and whole foods family (not the store). We use vitacost, our co-op, trader Joe's, and other places that we find deals we buy them out. Don't forget about BPA's in most canned foods. Eden organics is an awesome company and no BPA's. They also sell tomatoes in glass and you can order from their web site if you can't find them in your stores. So much more I could say, I could go on and on but I will leave it at that for the moment. I applaude your continued journey.
    I have five beautiful children and my wonderful best friend as my husband.

Daughter---- 25
    Son------------20
    Daughter----16
    Son------------12
    Daughter----3...surprise!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you both for the replies and great information. I am looking into all of the sites that was recommended. I am also getting rid of all can goods asap. There is so much to do to switch over but it is worth it. Once again THANK YOU. Blessings

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I LOVE Vitacost! We do alot of organic.. we are broke but I feel that what we put in our bodies is more important than anything. So many things are caustic... good for you for going organic! As a mother who has lost 3 babies (2 to miscarriage, 1 to fetal demise), we live as naturally as possible. We clean with vinegar and baking soda, make our own laundry detergent.. and buy no processed foods. I believe in whole living.. we were alot better off before "convenience" foods etc were introduced.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, hard to believe isn't it? All the chemicals in our bodies, all the pesticides, bpa, etc. Disgusting that the FDA isn't more stringent on this stuff.

I eat as much organic as I can, use organic products, make my own soaps, etc. I belong to a CSA, grow my own veggies. Good for you for making this change.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm just starting down this road for myself as well. I've discovered I have a problem with gluten. Also I was mega short on vitamin D3. Once I started taking that my energy picked up soon after. I am also dairy free (intolerant), sugar free (except stevia and fruit), and soy free (allergic).

We're going organic too. We're starting with meat and gradually working into it. We also are using organic dairy alternatives, and any fruits and veggies we eat the skins of are organic...plus carrots.

My challenge is to create menus with foods that are in season in our northern climate. With a foot of snow on the ground that usually means organic food that is shipped in from the US or further south.

Good luck on your journey to give your daughter back her health!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My DD is feeling much better now since they had changed their way of eating. I know that DH and I are much better now also. I just bought a little at a time because it can get expensive.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the update. Glad things worked out for her.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by gottadance View Post
    Yes, hard to believe isn't it? All the chemicals in our bodies, all the pesticides, bpa, etc. Disgusting that the FDA isn't more stringent on this stuff.

I eat as much organic as I can, use organic products, make my own soaps, etc. I belong to a CSA, grow my own veggies. Good for you for making this change.
    You make your own soap?.. with lye and such? Wow! Good for you! I'm too nervous about the lye to try it, so I've started buying some at the Wheaton French market.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am just starting down this journey as well. I am slowly trying to change everything over to organic and I think I want to give up meat altogether.

I am just sick to death (no pun intended) of all the processed food and crap that we are being sold. I only want whole foods for my family. I'm still learning where to get the best deals and how to make up menus, etc.

I would like to get away from dairy completely, but that will take some doing with my family. I just got them used to using homemade bread instead of store-bought. I am also planning to grow my own wheatgrass as soon as the weather warms up a bit. The fam is going to get healthy weather they like it or not!

I would love to make our own soap...hmmm....

Registered User trying to be frugal's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question ORGANIC a few years later....still working?

I know this is an old thread but is anyone still trying to stay with organic, no BPA's and whole foods. Things are even more expensive then they were when this thread was started. Has anyone stopped or lessoned their organic buying ability?
    I have five beautiful children and my wonderful best friend as my husband.

Daughter---- 25
    Son------------20
    Daughter----16
    Son------------12
    Daughter----3...surprise!

Halfway between the Wolverines and the Spartans
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wasn't on this thread years ago, but that's the way we eat, and we've been doing it for quite awhile. I haven't found that organic prices have increased very much. They were always outrageously expensive here, and now they're a tiny bit moreso. Actually, with Aldi carrying some of our favorites now, they're less expensive than usual (if you can get them before they run out!) Something tragic would have to befall us before we'd change the way we eat. Our health is so greatly improved that any amount we spend is worth it.
    12/13/14 Goal: Increase investing by $12,000...met on 3/14/2014!!
    New goal: Increase investing by $20,000
    Progress so far: $17,566

2014 Household purge/declutter challenge: decluttered and maintaining!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I try to eat as much organic, BPA-free, non-processed, etc as much as I possibly can. I try to see it as an investment in my long-term health. Chronic health conditions seem to cost a lot even with insurance (co-pays, etc). Also, being healthier longer would allow me to do more things for myself down the road instead of having to hire people to do things I used to be able to do.