Anyone a Vegetarian?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question Anyone a Vegetarian?

Who here is a vegetarian? What do you eat? Why don't you eat meat, taste or beliefs? I don't claim to be a vegetarian at all, but I am curious about it...Anyone want to share?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was does that count. I just stopped eating meat for a long time I love it. so now around my birthday every year, as i am getting old yah know, i go veggie again, for a few weeks. . I ate everything but, lots of tofu, lots of veggies, ect.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm not a vegetarian but I'm definitely interested in becoming one. We've cut wayyyyyy back in our meat consumption and I'm eating even less meat than the family.

Tell us your story.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Do you like tofu? I was surprised that I did...in certain dishes. Also I like soy nuts and TVP! I think I could do it all, but I do loove chicken! LOL!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am not now, but if I wasn't married to dh I would be! I like meat but I don't HAVE to have it. Next time dh goes away for a while ( in the ARMY it is not if- but when) I will probably cook less and less meat! DS really likes cheeseburgers though. Wonder if he would be able to tell the diff between ground beef and veggie burgers?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I grew up a vegetarian. No animals/sea creatures/foul ..nada.

We made do with veggie products. Mainly Loma Linda veggie products. I grew up on Wham(fake ham), Stripples(fake bacon), Big Franks(fake hotdogs) among others; and so many other dishes made with veggies/nuts/noodles/legumes etc...

Once I became an adult I found that I really liked some things, like pepperoni on pizza (although the grease is enough to make me hate it now) chicken and turkey slices. I can stomach a bite or two of dh's steak but I could never sit down and eat a whole steak.

I myself could pretty easily go back to being a vegetarian, although I'm sure I'd day dream about chicken now and then..dh and ayla I wouldn't dare try to change.

There are so many really great vegetarian products on the market now. The burgers that look the most like real burgers to me, are the Morningstar Farms Grillers. They taste a lot better than ground beef to me, although there a little on the rubbery side
    I did have a bad experience with morning star farms hotdogs, they just tasted sooo bland, ok worse than bland!

My favorite right now is gardenburger patties(taste great but look nothing like ground beef)..I just noticed they have a whole new line of other things that I just HAVE to try ...things like herb crusted cutlets, something that looked like bar b que ribs, some kind of nuggets mmm!

Oh, I LOVE the Boca spicy chicken patties!!

Before I forget, the reason we did not eat meat growing up was our religion, Seventh Day Adventism, did not look highly upon it....Although there were some things that were 'clean' to eat things like Pork and Shrimp were definit 'no-no's' (or at least for the times back then when the bible was written)

I know that Jesus fed fish to the crowd and he must have eaten it to I'm sure during his time i just can't recall the stories...I know several other SDA's would eat fish ...it really was mainly how each family interprteted the bible and ellen white's teachings.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

babynurse, I love tofu and the whole family eats soy nuts. I know it wouldn't be hard to get our dd to become vegetarian. She doesn't particularly like meat and often doesn't eat it.

Dh, ds#1 & ds#2 would be a different story although they certainly have not said anything about having less meat!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My question is what do you do with tofu? I've only had it in a stir fry (at a Mongolian Grill restaurant), in miso soup and a dessert. I have never bought it because I don't know what to do with it! Any ideas or recipes?