Sick & Tired

Thread: Sick & Tired

ssn01
    Tourist

Post Sick & Tired

I've always been a super healthy person. I rarely got sick ever growing up.
    Now all of a sudden, tho I eat right, exercise, do everything that I should to stay healthy & havent changed anything in the past few yrs to cause this...
    I've been sick now for 5 months.
    I have no insurance & no doctor. I've researched til I'm blue in the face home remedies, tricks & tips & some help, others dont & some that do help only are temporary.
    The doctors & hospitals here have turned me away for no insurance (despite it being illegal... yes they do it). I can't get into a dr's office because of it. The free clinics tell me to go to a real dr as there's nothing they can do.
    they dont even know what's wrong.

i'm more venting right now than anything. i've tried all the avenues & either hit a brick wall or was forced away.

i'm tired of being sick all the time. i'm tired of sleeping away the days. Utter exhaustion & then I come home for chores & sometimes I can't even do those. Something as simple as loading or unloading the dishwasher makes me exhausted to think about. So I end up - being the insomniac I am - sleeping for 12 hrs or more!!!

I'm just sick & tired of being sick & tired.

no response necessary... just needed to "say" it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Sue, I can give you a few sites to go to and do some more research at. But first, a few things to consider.......
    Have you had your hormones checked?
    Have you had your thyroid checked?
    Have you had your Iron level checked?
    Are you experiencing any depression/unusual stress in your life right now?
    When was the last time you did a colon cleanse?
    Are you taking a B100 complex?
    Are you taking a powdered Magnesium supplement?
    Are you taking any supplements?
    How are you cooking your food?
    Do you use a cell phone?
    Do you use a tanning booth?
    Do you have power lines close to your bedroom?
    Are you cleansing your lymph system to get rid of the toxins?
    Do you work in a toxic enviornement?
    Do you use toxic body care products/cleaners?

Often when a person if so tierd and sick, it is a sign that their immune system is weak and their body is breaking down at the cellular level. Some of the questions I have asked here might be related to what you are experiencing.

My own personal experiences with Dr's was not/never has been good. I had to learn to doctor myself. All the Dr's wanted to do was perscribe drugs to mask the symptoms. I wanted no part of that

I have not been sick in years now. Here are a few sites for you to go to Sue
    www.alternative-medicine-message-boards.info
    www.curezone.com
    www.alkalizeforhealth.net
    Hugs and Good Luck Sue

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sue, I do not have insurance either, but if you can pay cash, why won't the doctor see you? If you live in a community with a public health department, please ask if you can make an appointment to speak with a nurse. I think they could steer you towards a medical or mental health clinic that will charge you on a sliding fee scale. Have you ever been treated for depression? I have suffered from depression at different times of my life, and many of your symtoms sure sound like some I have had. Are you still exercising? Just getting outside and going for a walk on a sunny day can improve my mood sometimes. Please keep looking for treatment.

ssn01
    Tourist

I've done everything I know to do... no medical professional will see me w/out insurance.
    I dont have the cash in hand to go to a Dr anyway.

Never been treated for anything since I was a child. Last time I went to a family practitioner I was 9 y/o with a deadly, but mysterious, disease... to this day no Dr has been able to identify what I had.

However, I don't know. I still exercise every day I get a chance (about 4 times a week now) and I'm just getting sicker & sicker... and it doesnt seem to matter.

I just want to feel better so I can actually sleep at night (not the day) & have energy during the day to enjoy my family...

one day?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I posted an article in Alternative Health on Adrenal Gland function. You may find it helpful Sue. I think it's a crime and shame that managed sick care of america is so money oriented. Show me th$$$$$$$$$$$

ssn01
    Tourist

Countrybumpkin,

First I want to thank you personally for posting my personal favourite hobby... medicine. I've studied it broadly for many yrs & even have former family members from whom I've learned much.

It's still a past-time of mine to read up on the lastest health studies & news... I used to even subscribe to a few medical journals (tho lately w/little money to eat on... I cant afford them).

However, my personal thanks from myself & everyone for the interesting and at times even *gasp* factual information (this is nothing against you - it's a statement to our ever-changing technology & research studies that say breathing is deadly today & life saving tomorrow).

A yr or so ago when I actually had some money I gotta ton of tests done (lipid, THx, cbc, among others to have a full blood "map")... everything came out perfectly normal.

I should be under no stress... with an easy non-toxic job, a healthy house to run & clean up, healthy family w/no contagious factors. I get more than enough sleep now... if anything more than I ever have in my life, my diet is fine, exercise is normal... getting more now than I have previously... but not to exhaustion.

I shouldnt be depressed, i gotta made life!!! I mean w/little to no expense, a free roof & board, except I do some housework & am the chef *giggle*...
    My schooling is going extra well... challenging, but I except & desire that (otherwise what's the point?).

Either way... I've been doing tons of research to see if anything sounds relatively familiar. Besides the lack of energy (among other things) I've had other symptoms for the past 5 months... things that are somewhat mundane and easily controlled... just occur more often that perhaps it should.

So it's just finding out what's really falling apart.

I'd be happy to know I could make it 5 yrs... let alone 10.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm not a medical professional, but I can tell you that you have many of the symptoms that go with depression (sleeping, exhaustion). I was depressed most of my life, and finally asked for and got help about 15 years ago. And once I agreed to take anti-depressants my life changed. Now I know what it is like to feel NORMAL.

I wonder if you are being turned away for lack of insurance because of tests the doctors want to run but won't without insurance?

I urge you to find a clinic at a university or a county health clinic that will let you pay cash. I don't think you can be turned away!

Good luck to you -- I will be thinking of you.
    ~~Jean~~

No lie can live forever -- Martin Luther King Jr

What the people want is very simple - they want an America as good as its promise. -- Barbara Jordan

ssn01
    Tourist

Thanks Jean...

I think i'll start researching around the area (even out of the county) to see if there's a cheap or free clinic.

Unfortunately I dont have that much money to go & just pay cash for anything other than a baguette of bread & pasta a couple times a week for a "quick run to the store for dinner".

And I've no other income and can't ask for financial support from other family (as I'm not considered part of my parents/siblings family any longer) & can't ask for any more money from other half as I've already taken out a huge loan as is!

just hoping life will get easier... fewer trips to the bathroom (diarrhea 4 times a day for 5mos, tossing cookies couple times a wk, exhaustion?? more than likely due to dehydration (despite my 6 cups of water a day!))

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Sue,

Please keep us posted. We care about you. Could some of your problems be diet related? I have a friend with a diagnosis of "Celiac Sprue" I think I spelled that right. He can not tolerate most grain, only rice and oats. Your reference to baguettes, pasta and diarrhea made me think of this.

ssn01
    Tourist

Ya know... that ran across my mind too... so i cut it out for a little over a month... boy was that HARD!!!
    but the symptoms continued... and I have since stopped all dairy (so now i'm a vegan! @ labels)... it continues.

W/headaches, nausea, restlessness at night but lethargy/fatigue during the day, diarrhea, etc etc etc.....
    it might just be anxiety.

being in transition with family, work, school, my personality/growing, etc etc... maybe i feel i'm in the middle of my own "homemade" chaos.

despite feeling happy & content w/everything as is... my body isnt!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well good luck to you. Hope you find the cause of your misery Sue