My Halloween rant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thumbs down My Halloween rant

First, let me say that I don't mind teenagers trick or treating...IF they dress up to do it. Don't show up at my door in a hoodie and jeans holding out a pillowcase. That's not trick or treating, that's panhandling

But what I saw last night was a bit much. We were waiting in line (yup, it was THAT busy) behind two teen girls. When I first glanced at them, it didn't look like they were dressed up. All I saw was a white tshirt & jeans. But getting closer I could see that they had fabric painted words on their tshirts. Oh cool, maybe they got creative w/ their costumes...so I read the one closer to me.

"Don't be silly. Wrap your willy".

That's when I noticed she had condoms pinned all over her shirt & jeans. She wasn't more than 13 or 14yrs old!! Her friend was dressed similarly with another saying I couldn't read on her tshirt & more condoms pinned to her.

How inappropriate? I have to wonder if her parents knew she went out like that and if they did, what the hell were they thinking? Most of the kids trick or treating know how to read and are no where near old enough that they need to know what wrapping a willy means much less what a condom looks like!!

Am I being a prude here?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That is really disgusting. But so many young people nowadays think nothing of it. After all, the TV shows and music and movies are so incredibly explicit that to the kids, it's normal, everyday stuff.

It's so sad that so many young people just don't have the pride in themselves and the modesty and decency to realize that some things are just inappropriate.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh my I am wondering the same , did the parents know and what were they thinking if they did.
    *Angel*

Dave R. Plan
    Step one - Done
    Step two-Done
    Step three-Done
    Step four-Done
    Step five- Working on
    Step six- almost done
    Living debt free except the mortgage and working on that !!!

Be content with what you have;
    Rejoice in the way things are,
    When you realise there is nothing lacking,
    the whole world belongs to you.

-Lao Tzu

Have Courage
    “Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires…courage.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back..." Maya Angelou

"Choose a job you love and you will never work a day in your life." (Confucius 551-478 BC)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Teens can be horribly inappropriate. I wonder what their parents say or what they TOLD thier parents.

I am so glad mine are little. (I'm a little proud, you can see them in costume at my blog. look under the blog section in community sites. ) I can still dress them, but there will come a day when they are going behind me to do more risque stuff. I hope they don't go to that extreme though.

Reminds me though. When i was around 15 i went to spencer's gifts. there was a shirt there i bought mysefl. It was a white t shirt with a plastic "window" sewn on. In the "window it said "In case of emergency, break glass" inside was a condom. Terribly funny to me then, repulsive and inappropriate to me now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Teenagers have notoriously poor judgment. As for what their parents thought, their girls probably left the house dresses as kittens.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey, those things are expensive! What a waste of $$ and those girls and their parents(if they knew) ...more waste.
    Last edited by Darlene; 11-01-2008 at 02:50 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Perhaps they thought it was a great public service announcement?

When i was a senior in HS I was very outspoken about safe sex- (early 90's/early AIDS crisis) But it was with my peers, not 10 year old trick-or-treaters.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Teenagers are a completely different species all together ROFLMAO

Our 12 year old went with us last night, she was dressed in a costume, when we brought up (quite) a few other older teenagers dressed like dumbass's!!! She said, "this is my last year trick or treating Mom, unless you want me to go with the lil ones after this to make sure they are ok and polite I'll be handing out candy at the house instead, next year I'll be too old!!"

Our 13 year old son went with a couple friends of his (girls) and told us about some of the things they did while trick or treating and hubby told him, "you'll go trick or treating no more, had you come to our door and pulled that crap I'd have smacked you"
    There is an appropriate age when it is time to either be helping with the lil ones, having a Halloween party at home with parents handing out candy!!

We hear last night in the lil town we take them trick or treating to that the "new law" was trick or treating ONLY from 5pm to 8pm (13 year old son knew, and went till 9pm! Now he is grounded for a week AND has no candy!!)

Most people just don't teach their kids common sense anymore, that just makes it harder on those of who try to do the right thing with our own!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Holy #$@#$%^! What? In this day and age I'm sure her mother ok'd the shirt. Nothing surprises me anymore.

My freshman in HS thought he was going out trick or treating.... That was until mom (me) stepped in and pulled that card. You know the one.... it's called NO.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I think that if you dress up you can go out no matter your age. But that is highy not ok.

I am sure the parents didnt know. When I was 8 or 9 my mom would pick my clothes for me. I would change in the girls room when I got to school.
    Katy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

utterly disturbing.............

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds a little gross to me..........
    Fern

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by kittykatstrong View Post
    When I was 8 or 9 my mom would pick my clothes for me. I would change in the girls room when I got to school.
    If my kids ever did that, they'd have TWO outfits to choose from until the left for college.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That is totally inappropriate! I am not shocked at all though. We saw a few teens not dressed. I saw a few teen girls dressed as street walkers.

My 12 year old was in full costume. His friend was in a jail striped hoodie and had a mask on that totally blacked out his face. Once it was dark he totally couldn't see out of that blackout mask and had to go maskless. I hoped people understood. However he was so polite I don't think it mattered.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

A lot of parents let that crap go on with their kids and what I see at the schools in our little community is frightening to me!
    I think stepping back in time is a good idea anymore, I always have been old fashioned and I think I am old enough now I am even worse!!

Last April our daughter turned 12 and when her friends showed up I made note to everyone, "Y'all will be around younger kids for the next 24 hours, I expect you to follow the rules of my home (these are posted on a baord in plain site) If you do not, you will be sent home and I will make it perfectly clear to your parents just exactly what happened!!"
    This one girl, who is no longer allowed in our home or around my children (keep in mind she is 11) Started talking to all my other kids about, blowjobs, sex, stripping!!!" So, I called and put her mother on speaker phone, I made her repeat what she had said to my 7, 9, 12, 13, and 14 year olds (not knowing her mother was listening) her Mother blew a rod!!
    When I got off the phone with her, I sent her daughter to get her things, she stood with her nose in a corner till her mother got here to get her, then I took her to the car by her ear!!!

People sometime do not know what their children do and say when they are not around, and people need to start listening, they also need to make sure their children are with others who have parents that pay attention to what these kids are doing!!
    It frightens me for the kids anymore, when video games, movies and TV have become parents and babysitters!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast