Favorite Halloween candy? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I caved and bought my first bag of Halloween candy today. Sadly, it won't make it to the end of the week and it's a 4lb bag of caramels.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Snickers and peanut butter cups is what I buy for the trick-or-treaters. I like snickers but I eat them all year long, not just at Halloween. The other candy can sit there all year until it's finally tossed out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by KKCondrey View Post
    We normally don't have a lot of trick-or-treaters here but there are 2 families with small kids next door so we are going to buy one bag for them (that is unless we will be at work in that case the candy goes to us instead.) We usually buy a bag of mixed candies for more of a variety.
    My how the times have changed.....since posting this 5 years ago we now live in a neighborhood where people from all over the county and into the next (which is in VA) come and drop off their kids and drive about 5mph thru the streets......don't have an emergency or need to get out of the development quickly on halloween as the first year we lived here it took me over 5 minutes to get from the entrance to my driveway (less than 1/2 mile). I do bags and made 100 and when they were gone in we went. That was year 1 living here (2006) last year I made 120 bags and I think they went even quicker. This year again I am doing 120 again. I know some neighboors that said they start buying candy on sale as early as Sept as they go thru so much. One neighbor said that the house at the top of the hill (right at the entrance to the neighborhood) have had up to 500-800 kids before. One even made 900 bags over the course of a month and gave them all away.....Sorry, but I don't think I am going to go broke for halloween candy....lol

Since we've gone from having none to a lot I buy what ever is on sale or the best deal for the kids. We still get us a varity bag for ourselves as well.....We like the mini candy bars and the bag that has the superbubble, smarties, spree & sweettarts in them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smarties!!! When my kids were little I would steal all of their smarties, my son finally started just saving them for his mommy. I have this ritual, I open all of them into a big bowl and eat them one color at a time. I do this with M&M's too, saving the blue for last. And yes the blue ones taste better than the rest.

Cat
    "For if I have my faith, I can rise up and say, I still have it all." HisSong

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123